The FOX broadcast yesterday... (1 Viewer)

Side note: saw one of the Clay Millican videos....the booth the FOX people worked from (at Norwalk anyway) will never be mistaken for a Ritz-Carlton.

I rarely complain about the broadcast but this time I was very disappointed with the lack of coverage of PS and PSM. I know many prefer the fuel cars but, as mentioned above, they could have reduced the replays from prior events and given that to PS/PSM without reducing fuel car coverage at all. The first qualifying broadcast had 15 minutes out of 90 minutes for PS/PSM.

not for certain jim, but i don't think so. my best guess is at least the first round was shown tape delayed. i think the average motorsports tv viewer is fairly patriotic; i'm not sure
why the program can not begin with the anthem, followed by closeups of first pair starting and rolling into burnouts.....talk directly after burnouts and until staging, then talk a lot after
first run and introduce the show, maybe even 'set the scene' with a little more talk before the 2nd run because you're tape delayed; but cryin' out loud, it shouldn't take 20 minutes to show 2 runs.
In days gone by they did start with Top fuel and would show the guy parachuting in so I suppose they have gone a different way. You can tell the difference in the opening when they are on the big station.

I don't normally complain about much but yesterday I was about to pull my hair out. I enjoy watching a lot of the crewmembers I use to work around and every time they would get ready to start the cars they would go recap another race and come back just as the car is getting ready to do a burnout. I think they showed more of the Epping race then the Norwalk race. As confusing as it is for the fans that knows what is going on I can just imagine how confusing it is for the newbies. I went to get a soda out of the fridge and when I came back they were showing about 5 minutes of Epping and I almost turned the tv off and left because I thought maybe it started raining and they were using the Epping race as a filler.
LOL! I went to the fridge for a fresh refreshment and when I came back I thought the DVR flipped out because they were showing racing from Houston!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back