The FOX broadcast yesterday... (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
I hope I don't jinx anything, but Brian and Tony seemed less intrusive during the broadcast yesterday, especially once the cars were fired.
I've complained about their constant hen-clucking all season, but I didn't have to mute my sound bar once yesterday. My wife also noticed the difference.

caught the 10:30cst re-air on fs2. thought program was very good. i hope epping can remain on schedule. it's a cool place. wouldn't take much to spend a couple bucks on that tower though.
.........question: when epping first went on schedule, there were a lot of people on that hillside down track on left. in yesterday's broadcast noticed a full
line of campers and rv's along the top of that ridge. does the track own that land and gets revenue? or is that a private land owner who has capitolized?

caught the 10:30cst re-air on fs2. thought program was very good. i hope epping can remain on schedule. it's a cool place. wouldn't take much to spend a couple bucks on that tower though.
.........question: when epping first went on schedule, there were a lot of people on that hillside down track on left. in yesterday's broadcast noticed a full
line of campers and rv's along the top of that ridge. does the track own that land and gets revenue? or is that a private land owner who has capitolized?
I thought i read years ago that tower was to be replaced,i dunno maybe im wrong. Place lloks like a dump on tv,but with not being there hard to tell for sure

The only issue I had was the music playing while the commentary -announcing was on, ESPECIALLY during the Antron Brown - Don Schumacher interview.
A poor choice, and so friken obnoxious.

stepping down off the soapbox...

The only issue I had was the music playing while the commentary -announcing was on, ESPECIALLY during the Antron Brown - Don Schumacher interview.

Agreed, they do get a little carried away with the background music. Most of the time it's not needed at all.

around 10 minutes into show yesterday we finally see an eliminations run. 20 minutes in and 2 commercial breaks there were 2 elimination runs. then coming back
from commercials we see all these runs from previous events this year. we get a video postcard from bill bader. we got everything in the first 1/2 hour of the show
except for racing........the show opens with brian and tony on an aluminum bleacher with beautiful chain link fence behind them. how about standing by a race car, or in front
of the tower? or something other than chain link fence.......or show the american anthem and color guards on starting line? i saw them walking off behind staging lanes as 2nd pair was starting up.
not to harp, but darn it, the first 1/2 hour yesterday IMO did not have the slightest hook at all.

Indeed. It'd be like attending a good concert with nitro burnouts playing in the background louder than the people on stage.

around 10 minutes into show yesterday we finally see an eliminations run. 20 minutes in and 2 commercial breaks there were 2 elimination runs. then coming back
from commercials we see all these runs from previous events this year. we get a video postcard from bill bader. we got everything in the first 1/2 hour of the show
except for racing........the show opens with brian and tony on an aluminum bleacher with beautiful chain link fence behind them. how about standing by a race car, or in front
of the tower? or something other than chain link fence.......or show the american anthem and color guards on starting line? i saw them walking off behind staging lanes as 2nd pair was starting up.
not to harp, but darn it, the first 1/2 hour yesterday IMO did not have the slightest hook at all.
I told my son as we watched it they were just asking for casual fans to get bored and turn the channel. I loved it when they use to start the show with first pair rolling into their burnout.

To much yappin and to many remember this/whens. Def should lose that awful music

Last edited:
Not to dog-pile on, but why do we need anyone to explain the definition of deep-staging every time it's done? I cannot imagine these two doing baseball games. With every human being on the planet having internet access at their fingertips, if there's a term they don't understand, look it up. Instead, they act as if every viewer is not accustomed to the concept that two cars would race each other in a straight line. Steve Evans is digging his way out...

I thought i read years ago that tower was to be replaced,i dunno maybe im wrong. Place lloks like a dump on tv,but with not being there hard to tell for sure
It is one of the best looking and coolest race track I have ever been to and I have been to all of them on the NHRA schedule many many times. Norwalk has always been one of my favorite tracks... and the only track I ate 3 pounds of ice cream while I waited out a rain storm before riding back to the hauler. :)

Makes no sense why they waste so much time recapping past events, still even recapping the wretched 4 wide races. This wasted time should be used to show opening ceremonies and National Anthem, even more so around the 4th of July @ America’s racetrack, a distinction Norwalk not only truly deserves but have earned with how they handle the track and America’s greatest Motorsport.

I liked the opening yesterday when Bill Bader, Jr. introduced the track as "America's track" and talked some about the track's history, and the $1/lb ice cream. My wife told me during the broadcast we need to go there. Since we are both retired now (she retired last week after 43 years of nursing), we want to go to at least one track a year that we've never visited.

I hope I don't jinx anything, but Brian and Tony seemed less intrusive during the broadcast yesterday, especially once the cars were fired.
I've complained about their constant hen-clucking all season, but I didn't have to mute my sound bar once yesterday. My wife also noticed the difference.
most of the time I record and start watching 30 minutes or so late so I can skip over some of the fluff. I'm just glad it's still on a network I get. With all the problems I hear about NHRA TV I'm not ready to bite that bullet.

Makes no sense why they waste so much time recapping past events, still even recapping the wretched 4 wide races. This wasted time should be used to show opening ceremonies and National Anthem, even more so around the 4th of July @ America’s racetrack, a distinction Norwalk not only truly deserves but have earned with how they handle the track and America’s greatest Motorsport.
I don't normally complain about much but yesterday I was about to pull my hair out. I enjoy watching a lot of the crewmembers I use to work around and every time they would get ready to start the cars they would go recap another race and come back just as the car is getting ready to do a burnout. I think they showed more of the Epping race then the Norwalk race. As confusing as it is for the fans that knows what is going on I can just imagine how confusing it is for the newbies. I went to get a soda out of the fridge and when I came back they were showing about 5 minutes of Epping and I almost turned the tv off and left because I thought maybe it started raining and they were using the Epping race as a filler.

Been watching NHRA Racing since late 60';s. My 2 cents - even back to Big Mac and Evans, Get rid of the suits guys! Never understood the signifigance over nice polos and slacks!

Jim, remember they are talking to a tv audience not racers and they wont look it up just like a casual baseball fan wont look things up, They are watching to be informed and entertain.
I guess we're just going to have to disagree on this one. I actually chose the baseball analogy because I love the game but there was a time when I was confused about some terms. "Walk-off homerun, four seam fastball, slider, suicide squeeze, sacrifice bunt, infield fly rule" and a thousand more of these terms were used and I had no idea what they were talking about. Not one time time my life did I ever hear any baseball commentator explain anything, ever. You learn by asking questions, those questions are generated by interest and that interest is never sparked by sucking the entertainment out of anything with second grade explanations or by assuming the viewer won't look it up if they need to know.

I only watch the NHRA.TV feed, so, I may be way off base. Could they have been vamping because of the rain interruption(s). Seems every time FOX does a 'sprta "Live" race they have a rain delay.

I only watch the NHRA.TV feed, so, I may be way off base. Could they have been vamping because of the rain interruption(s). Seems every time FOX does a 'sprta "Live" race they have a rain delay.
not for certain jim, but i don't think so. my best guess is at least the first round was shown tape delayed. i think the average motorsports tv viewer is fairly patriotic; i'm not sure
why the program can not begin with the anthem, followed by closeups of first pair starting and rolling into burnouts.....talk directly after burnouts and until staging, then talk a lot after
first run and introduce the show, maybe even 'set the scene' with a little more talk before the 2nd run because you're tape delayed; but cryin' out loud, it shouldn't take 20 minutes to show 2 runs.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back