The Four Lane Race (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

I bet Zappy and PJ will be smiling all 700 miles home!

Folks this was awesome!!!!!

Still not sure I'd like competition like this, but for exhibitions or qualiying this was great.

Vibrated my dads glasses down his nose.

We were at about the 580' mark and it was amazing. I wonder what it was like at other spots.

They inteviewed Snake before hand and for a guy that rarely shows much excitement even he was pumped and mentioned how he hopes they run qualifying like that next year.

Haven't seen the TV view of it yet but NHRA, YES NHRA, did a great job there explaining the extra bulb for staging, went over the clocks and how it was going to work for each lane. Down side is you had no idea who won but really that didn't matter. They worked on the two lanes that hadn't been used for a long while. Pretty much after second round of the pros they went to work on it. They even had the safety safari run the mini bikes as a test run. They did everything to make sure if went off great and it did, so good job to them.

They all did burnouts at once and Force went old school with a long one.

Zmax is a gorgeous track and any photo nuts need to put this on their must do list and you will get so many pics from so many angles and locations with ease.

Got some selling marketing ideas...wonder if they would listen..

The 4 wide was OUTSTANDING. Congrats to nhra for taking this step. :cool:
Now don't stop there, you and Z-MAX have proved that this can be done.

The ET's show that there was 4 great lanes. Yer going there twice next year. Take the next step, QUALIFY the Pro Classes on ALL 4.

This was my vantage point for the 4 wide races...

P1020715.jpg

I didn't get many still photos of the 4 wide action, I was doing video with one hand and trying to get still pics with the other. I need to practice on that some more.

Great pic! Thanks for the new desktop wallpaper :cool: Anyone by chance get a similar shot of the 4 F/C with the bodies up from a similar angle?

ok - try this one........and the impossible assumption would be that
every track would need four lanes..........or they could try this first at
concord.

first round = four groups of four.........top two in each group advance.

second round = two groups of four........top two in each group advance.

third round = one group of four.......top two advance to final.

fourth round = final round, two cars

if TV time is important - this above format would take 8 runs
to complete each 16 car class - present format takes 15.

Interesting format, but not sure I like letting a looser advance.........:confused:

you're not - for the sake of TV time, your determining 2 winners at the
same time.

ok - you could
run the EXACT same format as we do now - just run two races
simultaneously - except for final, each run produces two winners
and two losers; one winner and one loser on each track.

BUT! let's say for example #1 and #16 are on first track and
#2 and #15 are on second track
if #2 and #15 both falter, then #1 & #16 advance if first and
second to line...........it's a four car race with two winners,
only qualifying determines the first round foursomes.

and qualifying wouldn't have to change - it's not raceday/ESPNday.

Exactly! If you're not saving any time by eliminating 3 cars at a time, why do it; it's definitely more dangerous. Just having a guardrail between the lanes is no cure-all; Fuel cars can jump that guardrail in an accident in a trice; remember Kenny Bernstein, when we thought he was DEAD?

I'd say it's a foollsh configuration, and not worth it, unless there's some REAL benefit, like the time saved by eliminating 3 cars at once.

The .90 category cars that are so multitudinous would be a good fit for this program.

I watched the coverage of the race last night and while they tried...it didn't even come close. You had to be there.

For exhibition yes I like it, for actual racing....not so sure.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back