The First F/A-22 Delivering to Langley AFB (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
There are about 6 pages of photos in this link..... click on 'next page' at bottom of photos.
Langley Air Force Base - Photos

The First F/A-22 Delivering to Langley AFB

These are Great In-flight Photos of the F/A-22 as the first Aircraft Delivery was being made to Langley AFB in Va.. Langley is to be first Operational AFB for the F/A-22. It is a very Beautiful AFB, located in a picturesque location, as you can see in these photos, near Norfolk and Hampton, Va.

The Aircraft flying along with the F/A-22 in the last of these photos is the F-15, which will be replaced by the F/A-22 which is several times better than the F-15.

In Actual In-flight (simulated) Combat Operations against the F-15, two F/A-22's were able to operate without detection while it went Head to Head against (8) F-15's. The F/A-22's scored Missile Hits (Kills) against all the F-15 Aircraft and the F/A-22's were never Detected by either the F-15's or Ground Based Radar.

Maj. Gen. Rick Lewis said: "The Raptor Operated Against All Adversaries with Virtual Impunity; Ground Based Systems Couldn't Engage and NO Adversary
Aircraft Survived"!!!

F/A-22-- America's Most Advanced Fighter Aircraft for the 21st Century!!!!

This fighter Is 10 years old so, you can Imagine what is In the black
program now.

Those things are amazing! I haven't seen one in person yet but I hope the day is coming soon. We've got several F-15's based here in Portland for the National Guard and I love hearing those things rumble through the sky. Someday I hope to be in the right place at the right time when they're out doing training in the gorge because they do quite a lot of training excersizes out by Hood River, The Dalles, Boardman, etc.

We always get the newest toys.... F117's used Langley for forward CONUS deployment during the First Gulf War....

And for what it's worth, a lot of places photograph much nicer than they really are... :)

Thanks for the link Jackie

d'kid

Wow. I was looking at the pic at bottom left of page one and almost didn't see the F/A-22 leading the formation.

Here's a link to a video of the F-22 aerial demonstration - it doesn't take long to realize that this plane can fly circles around conventional fighter planes!! (Caution, the video file is big, don't try this on a slow Internet connection):

http://www.f22-raptor.com/media/video_gallery/videos/F22_AirShow_Langley.wmv

And here a link to an interesting article about the Star Wars-like F-35, the follow-on to the F-22:

The Terminator-style helmets that allow fighter pilots to see through their planes | the Daily Mail

When you look at this stuff, it is hard to believe that the 104th anniversary of the Wright Brothers' first flight is less than a month away and that "motor cars" haven't been around much longer.

Last edited:
Coincidence that you mention that. I just bought "The War" and am reading about how much of this country used blackouts during WWII. Regular citizens conducting armed patrols.

I just bought the 5 DVD set the complete History of WW2 and I already have the 5 DVD series " Victory At Sea ".
We had 400,000 dead in WW2 in four years , a good part of those due to Snafu's by desk generals.
You would think stupid would be regulated to Congress who McCain said of their favorable rating of 11 percent thats blood relatives and paid staffers. LOL

Here's a link to a video of the F-22 aerial demonstration - it doesn't take long to realize that this plane can fly circles around conventional fighter planes!! (Caution, the video file is big, don't try this on a slow Internet connection):

Simply stunning, isn't it? This thing puts the Mig29's "cobra maneuver" to absolute shame.
Vectored thrust is a wonderful thing!

I'm not sure if that was all the same demonstration, but when that pilot pulled the thing around in a tight 360 turn, then put it on its butt straight up, he was pulling some SERIOUS G forces there.

Man, I'd like to see the Maintenance Manual for that thing! The Pilots tend to get all the fame - so here's to the girlz & boyz who keep those babies running!!!

Hear Hear Chris ! Exactly right! Every new generation we produce is heavy on hardware/software that has to be checked and replaced often due to the extreme $hit the Jockey's put them through.
A lot of man hours to keep a bird in the air and ready.

They use ta' refer to combat airplanes as "a pilot strapped to an engine". these days, it's a Pilot strapped to a computer....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back