Military Aircraft Photos (1 Viewer)

Hutch

Nitro Member
Are any of you interested in military aircraft photos, a retired USAF Colonel sent me lots of amazing high resolution photos of displays in the USA. He sent me photos of the B-2 Stealth Bomber and the F-22 Raptor on display at Edwards Air Force with their bomb bay doors open, you would never see displays like that at a normal air display, even the one at Nellis AFB.

If you're interested please send your name & email address to [email protected]

Heres my collection of airshow photos we are going to numerous throughout texas this year

Texas Air Fiesta '06 Waco, TX
Texas Air Fiesta

Lackland Air Fest '06 San Antonio, TX
2006 Lackland Airfest

Wings over Houston '06
Wings Over Houston 2006

NAS Fort Worth JRB Airshow '06
NAS JRB Airshow Ft. Worth, TX

Heres a couple
IMG_8138.JPG

IMG_7822.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

I took these at the Open House at Kirtland AFB Open house last Summer:

SmugMug - Kingnitro : Kirtland AFB Open house

Joe thanks for the excellent photos, the Bell-USMC CV-22 Osprey displayed at the 2006 Royal lnternational Air Tattoo (the world's largest Military Airshow) at R.A.F. Fairford, England. This RAF Base is leased to the USAF, they flew Boeing B-52 Stratofortresses & Rockwell B-1B Lancer bombers from their to bomb lraq during the Gulf War and the lraq War.

Heres my collection of airshow photos we are going to numerous throughout texas this year

Texas Air Fiesta '06 Waco, TX
Texas Air Fiesta

Lackland Air Fest '06 San Antonio, TX
2006 Lackland Airfest

Wings over Houston '06
Wings Over Houston 2006

NAS Fort Worth JRB Airshow '06
NAS JRB Airshow Ft. Worth, TX

Heres a couple
IMG_8138.JPG

IMG_7822.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

Hey Mike.........the picture with the air vapor around the tail section of the F-15, I was told that's what it looks like when aircraft break the sound barrier, is this true.

Hey Mike.........the picture with the air vapor around the tail section of the F-15, I was told that's what it looks like when aircraft break the sound barrier, is this true.

No, that is not true, Aircraft cannot break the sound barrier over US territory. It occurs when the moisture is right in the air and the aircraft is travelling at near supersonic speeds, it can acctually happen well before that point. Prandtl-Glauert Singularity is the correct terminology for it. Here is a good website about it Condensation due to the Prandtl-Glauert Singularity . F-18 acctually

Thanks guys for the pics!
I'm a fan of military aircraft and used to follow the battle for the best tactical air units every year.
Joe's Holloman AFB always seems to be the winner or in the top three.
Not too many people know the skill involved in flying a fighter in Combat conditions.
No I don't know how good the president was at flying them but he did live to tell about them which is more than I could do.
I could not muster the engineering degree necessary anyway.
I've attended a couple of the finals at Eglin AFB in Fla.
I'm proud that my family and myself played even a small part since WW2 in the defense aircraft industry.

Mike,

Thanks for the photo's, they're a treat to look at. I've been a U.S. Navy Air Traffic Controller for nearly 22 years and to this day I get excited at the mere sound of jet fighters. Serving at sea on aircraft carriers has given me the opportunity to see some extremely exciting air shows over open water - A/C breaking the sound barrier, low (extremely low, in fact) high speed flight, etc. Unfortunately, I've never taken my camera up to the flight deck. Maybe next time... then I can post some of those shots for you.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back