The Don, PRO and NHRA (1 Viewer)

Yes, I am here but I really do not want to comment on any of this and I appreciate everyone's support and comments, good and bad. Everyone has thoughts and feelings.

Yes, I am here but I really do not want to comment on any of this and I appreciate everyone's support and comments, good and bad. Everyone has thoughts and feelings.

Don, you know i support you and your team, but lets cut the Bull....and get to the real point of this thread. Do you chose pork bbq like Bobby or the cow memphis style like Timmah? :)

While we are on the subject of telling it like it is --

We all know BBQ came from the south and you Texans took our idea out there and screwed it all up.

Who BBQ's beef anyway? lol

If you truly know how to cook, you can BBQ anything! Can't just be a one trick pony.

Well lets call a pig a pig bobby actually if memory serves me correct BBQ comes from the caribbean from the word BARBACOA, back in the late 1600's. It then came over to the 'dirty' with those slave workers and became the word barbeque. The caribbean people usually would bbq a goat, ya'll improved it a bit by switching to swine but i believe the settlers in maryland were the ones who really made it good by roasting the ox as far back as the mid 1700's. Some german settlers headed out west and settled in central texas in the mid 1800's. They brought their ox roasting with them:) so actually the folks from MARYLAND are the ones to blame or thank

Wow a BBQ historian! LOL :p
I hate to break it to you but cooking over an open flame outside has been around a lot longer then than the 1600's. ;)

Can you BBQ pony?

Jim

Of course you can. I could BBQ a shoe or armadillo and you would like it. Pony is just not socially acceptable for the table in North America really. Or as Sam Elliott would say: "Pony it's NOT what's for dinner!"

FOR JIM ONLY: (everyone else just move along)
If you really want to BBQ a pony I can tell you the cuts you want to consider, time, wood, and temp recipe as well the perfect rub and sauce combination for it. Please PM though as I am not sure it would be wise to put out here as I know one person on this board has ponies and might not be real impressed.

Wow a BBQ historian! LOL
I hate to break it to you but cooking over an open flame outside has been around a lot longer then than the 1600's.

naw, not a historian, just know how to use google:)
yeah cooking over a flame. So easy a caveman could do it:) maybe they can put that slogan on the side of the GEICO car this year?

whew! Thanks jim. I was not sure about that spelling. But i was waiting for the editor to correct it for me:) not Bobby, kelly!

Or Miss Suz...Debi...Nancy... or any of the rest of the Texas Ladies Racing Auxilary on here...or were you wanting a beating?:eek:...hope I didn't spoil anything for you. Dang, sorry.

Sure you just don't want to comment just to sit and see what crazy stuff we'll come up with:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back