'The Choice' NHRA drag racing's new sound.. (1 Viewer)

That will be great to see. Anyone have any ideo on the timetable for MTV's release? Would be cool to see it this year while the action is still hot.

I did not like the song when it played on ESPN. Something about it just irritated me. Now that I've listened to it on their myspace page from beginning to end I actually kinda like it. :eek:

Call me old, and I'll be nice here, rap don't do it for me.

Rick.... Let me buy you a BEER... I couldn't agree more... I actually hit the MUTE button when it goes on...

I'd rather hear the Stones... or better yet even some of Rod Stewert...

Anyone remember Tod Rundgren "Bang On The Drum" Now that was a FUN SONG .. matter of fact, ANYTHING BUT RAP...The only time I listen to RAP is if I have a "Good" chance of winning $$$ and I'll take the Honda to the "IMPORT" races.. to pick on the kids with NO2 in their Honda's and cut .850 lights :D 1/2 of em are brain dead with the 8000 watt speakers.. & 1/2 a dozen earrings, etc.. etc.... They are holding up their pants with one hand, & holding up the carbon fiber hood with the other :D Come race time.. the "Old Man" counts the $$ at Englishtown...

Last edited:
I'm not a rap fan but I'll listen to anything. Their stuff isn't bad. I'm actually surprised they chose P/S sound effects for the "White Line Fever" song. Nice to hear some appreciation for a non-nitro class. :eek: As for the choice of rap over classic rock, listen to pop radio lately? Even the hard rock has rap influences. It's impossible to avoid. Might as well embrace it and (hopefully) promote drag racing. My 2 cents...

Last edited:
I'm not a rap fan but I'll listen to anything. Their stuff isn't bad. I'm actually surprised they chose P/S sound effects for the "White Line Fever" song. Nice to hear some appreciation for a non-nitro class. :eek: As for the choice of rap over classic rock, listen to pop radio lately? Even the hard rock has rap influences. It's impossible to avoid. Might as well embrace it and (hopegully) promote drag racing. My 2 cents...

Yeah, definitely not my "style" but I like seeing a band embrace drag racing and put it in their lyrics.

As Bob Dylan said "There hasn't been an album or song to get excited about for the last 20 years". LOL!
I agree rap isn't to my liking either in this day and age of fabricated pop idols the industry is reflecting that with sales dropping to all time lows!
To me only Heavy Metal can truley harness the sport of Drag Racing they are both loud and fast! ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back