the cars have arrived, unfinished business (1 Viewer)

His Drag Pak Challenger........
Dodge-Challenger-big-daddy-garlits.jpeg.jpg

Looking at round 1 WJ obviously figured something out that the others didn't. Over half a second on the rest in identical cars...how is that possible?

He is "The Professor" for a reason

IMO he is probably hitting the shift points based on his experience, none of the other drivers are use to shifting.

Shirley slapped a gate job on Big.
WJ obviously did something right with his 14 second pass.
Too bad the stands were pitifully empty all day.

Shirley slapped a gate job on Big.
WJ obviously did something right with his 14 second pass.
Too bad the stands were pitifully empty all day.

IMO...NHRA BUILDS THIS UP FOR THE PAST 2 MONTHS AND COMPLETELY FAILED STARTING THIS ON FRIDAY...SHOULD HAVE BEEN STARTED SATURDAY AND FINISHED ON SUNDAY....

Not quite ...
BIG .289
Shirley .687
In fact, Shirley had the worst RT of anyone.
I guess Garlits’ car was way down on power because Shirley had a good lead by the time they got past the tree.

You know, you sit in a white car once and it follows you forever...
Swamp Rat 12 was simular as well Bob. So I get it, but don't. lol Garlits went in deep, Shirley made him wait, and wait - then stuck her tounge out or most likely flipped him the bird on her way by.

WJ is messing with tire pressure, it's an old trick. He may or may not have had previous traction control experience as well. - wink

It's just sad. Legends of the sport in four door front wheel drive camrys. I guess it could be worse. They could be on electric scooters with baskets on the front from Walmart.

Oh I dunno. If you add a bigger motor to the Wally World cart, big tires, spoiler in the front......

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back