What's new

the cars have arrived, unfinished business (1 Viewer)

Frank

Nitro Member
Does anyone know anything about what's under the hood? Are they completely stock from the factory? Are they prototype cars with some additional power adders to give them a little more jump?

none

Nitro Member
Garlits is supposed to run his 'Lectric car at the gators. Would love to see him run 200 in it. Would be fitting to have the final between Shirley & Garlits. Oh yeah.....
Cliff,

I don't believe so, it will be there on display but it's my understanding that it will not run this weekend. But it possibly will at a National Event later this year.

Alan

mole

Nitro Member
I THOUGHT I HEARD HE'S BRINGING IT TO GAINESVILLE TO GET CERTIFIED.......

Last edited:

none

Nitro Member
ALAN........

HOW IS MY MUSTANG ?.........GIVE HER A PAT ON THE BUMPER FOR ME......

Your Mustang? I guess I don't know what Mustang you're talking about, the one that lives with me isn't a her, he's a Stallion.

Alan

Cliff

Nitro Member
Cliff,

I don't believe so, it will be there on display but it's my understanding that it will not run this weekend. But it possibly will at a National Event later this year.

Alan
Fooey, was hoping he'd run it. Oh well... Alan, I was thinking that if you want a really cool car, get a Pinto wagon. Swap the engine out of the Stallion into the Pinto and you'd have a sneaky sleeper. ;)

Huge

Nitro Member
I just walked over to look at them and I'm pretty sure I saw Garlits with a stocking covering his face tweaking around under the hood. They better make sure his doesn't have a blower on it come race day.:D

stitcherbob

Nitro Member
I just walked over to look at them and I'm pretty sure I saw Garlits with a stocking covering his face tweaking around under the hood. They better make sure his doesn't have a blower on it come race day.:D
or tip the can!
"Honest, I thought 85% would just clean 'er out a little!"

mike

Nitro Member
I guess this is what it would be like if they all decided to race their rent-a-cars before heading out to the airport...

camaro

Nitro Member
i also heard WJ covered up his toyota's manifold for prying eyes :D

8sec71

Nitro Member
I don’t know, it’s kind of embarrassing to put some of the biggest names to ever grace a drag strip in 15 second cars isn’t it? I love the idea but why not some modern muscle cars at least?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)