The Big Go - My Photo Gallery (1 Viewer)

JRX

Nitro Member
It's been two days since the finals, and I still find myself listening for a nitro warm-up and craving a corndog. The 2008 US Nationals at Indy are over...but they will live forever in images online and in our minds. Here are a few moments I captured. Monday's gallery tells a digital story from sunrise to sunset. Enjoy...

Collection: 2008 US Nationals - The Big Go

Here are a few to temp you...

IMG_3943.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

IMG_4476.jpg

flame.jpg

John great stuff! Your Bob Bode pics are Classic! Now you know why I don't take pics with the ladies, I look like Sh*t!

Ok John,

Now I dislike you haha :p. I'm getting sad looking at these pics, I just want to be back in America NOW!!!

I am onto the final gallery (Monday) and those early morning shots are killing me!!! They make you just want to jump through the screen and be there.

Once again, real nice stuff John. Ill be looking at these ones a lot!

Regards,

Michael

John, these are fantastic. Don't forget to send me the make/model on your camera. I really liked it's features and want to get one myself.

John,
WOW, That's a very poignant photo of Connie looking at Scotts' car.

Great race, great people, great photos, 1000ft. not so great, fix this NHRA.

RO

John, I am just in awe. I thought I had a good camera. But, wow, yours is simply amazing. Great shots.
I hardly recognized Minick clean shaven (had the few day beard going for Cordova).
I was expecting a picture with Joe and Andrea, with the eyes.

Thanx Big John! Great shots by the ton!
But......of aaaaaaallllllll those great pics, my favorite is Connie looking at Scott's car. Really good shot on that one.

I love that picture of Connie. That made me cry. His interview made me cry also. He was pretty choked up. Thank you for sharing it.

Now, I have been dying to know...........How much Ketchup did John use this weekend? Heeehehee!!! Kaptain Ketchup!!! Can you make yourself a superhero suit too?:D

thanks john,
only prused through your monday shots so far.
that john force sure does know how to promote; not in monday show,
yet car out for all to look at all day and apparently one of last put away.

love your shot from middle of track/finish line looking back towards
starting line.

It was great seeing you on Monday John. I Left my cam at home cuz I just can't compete anymore. You and Joe are the first string of the photo team. I'm just a bench warmer! But I WILL take my cam to Charlotte next week! Can't wait, and hope the hurricanes cooperate and blow away!

Let me tell you all about my friend John Rogers. I swear my parents are lying to me when I ask them if I have an older brother, because JRX and I see things EXACTLY the same way. Looking at his photo album of "the big go", and the pictures he takes, the angles, the colors, the experience the entire THING... is exactly what I do when I go to a race. I was telling John on the phone that when I was younger and would head up to Pomona for the Winternationals and I ditched school on thursday morning to be there for 1st round of qualifying of Stock Eliminator, (sorry Dad...can you blame me?) I would make sure to pull up to the track before the sun came up, and I'd sneak into the track just to sit in my seat, (AT 1000' aka the Knob Hill gang) and watch the sun rise above Mount Baldy and just SOAK IT IN! I'd leave after sunrise, and have breakfast at the McDonalds off of I-10 and then pay to get in and stay until the last car had run.
Even today when I work at some races, I always show up early just to SOAK IT ALL IN, (except on Sunday at the mile highs when Joe Sherwood and I were a bit .....uh.... "RECOVERING")

John is the same guy. He goes to these races and truly APPRECIATES everything that goes with it. The Smells of the Track, the colors, the sounds of the Generators running at sunrise as the teams show up and get ready for the "SHOW". He spends an HOUR with my friend Eric at the JFR Shop in indy as the sun goes down on the US Nationals, just to say hi! Bobby Bennett described me on Competitionplus.com as "fan extraordinaire" Tim Charlet in the intro for my Blog. To be honest, I couldn't hold a candle to John Rogers! John "GETS IT" and his photo's are just an extention of his eye, and gives us a chance to live the race thru his eyes.

I have this "THING" about Indy. That's my inspiration, my Stanley Cup for lack of a better term. It's what keeps me putting out those sponsorship requests, going to meetings, looking for some kind of opportunity to drive, because I won't go to Indy unless I'm racing it. John took (2) Photo's that Really provide that "EXTRA" boost to my goals. One was on Page (1) of Monday's album....It's a pic of the Track at Sunrise. For some strange reason that struck a cord with me. That seat, is pretty much where I sit before a race that I'm driving in, where I just "Soak it in". The 2nd is the picture on the last page of Monday's album of Eric's statue holding the Wally with the sun right behind the Wally in Eric's hand! Damn! That just got the tears goin!

John, Thank you very much for providing these for us! Joe, Buzz, and so many others provide some great pic's of the races for the "MATERNATION" to enjoy, but for some reason, and perhaps it's because your my older brother, (i'm still waiting for my folks to come clean BTW) but these were Spectacular!

Well done dude! and thank you!:cool:

Timmah!

John, these pictures are amazing!! Great job!! By the way, my son thinks you are Mr. Clean :D, good seeing you again.

Thanks everyone. I'm officially blushing now! (and that's not an easy thing)

I am grasping at an era gone by in many ways. My first Indy was way too late to see many of the things I wanted to. Whenever I step on the grounds, I imagine the young men in white t-shirts, a pack of cigs rolled up in the sleeve, and their girlfriends tagging along. I see them unpacking the station wagon and walking with a cooler filled with homemade sandwiches wrapped in paper, cans of beer you need a key to open, and that spark in their eyes of a day of racing. Kids screaming and running wildly. Rolling fields of grass to park on, and corn fields just across the way. When I walk the pits, I see people working on cars, but they are more than just that. They are an extension of a dream. The dream for speed. They tinker, they bash, they build. Burns, cuts, and sweat are the order of the day. When that engine fires to life, it's a celebration and a rush. The pro pits are corporate now, but the spirit of yesterday is still there. It's confined to the pit mat now. The sponsor laden crew shirt has replaced the white cotton t-shirt. But somewhere out there old men are young again, young men dream of courage and glory, and the spirit of the racers past drift by on the breeze. The Big Go....live it.

When I walk the pits, I see people working on cars, but they are more than just that. They are an extension of a dream. The dream for speed. They tinker, they bash, they build. Burns, cuts, and sweat are the order of the day. When that engine fires to life, it's a celebration and a rush. But somewhere out there old men are young again, young men dream of courage and glory, and the spirit of the racers past drift by on the breeze.

Man John ... just WOW.

That snippett of a paragraph best explains what I have never been able to.

The images are fantastic too ... I breezed thru them ... but I would have no problem whiling away the better part of a day looking thru those albums and thoroughly enjoy every second.

Makes me sad it will be a year before I get to see you again ... but at the same time it is reassuring ... if that makes any sense?

outstanding John...

it's gonna take me all Saturday morning to go through them right...

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back