The big Go - Big deal? (1 Viewer)

This was my 29th. Year of attending the MAC Tools US Nationals!!! I am only 43 yrs. young! I have so many fond memories of the BIG GO!! I still get the chills when I turn down raceway road and off to the right I can see the facility!!! I was there to see Shirley get her one and only Indy win in 1982! I have seen Tony Schumacher win all 8 of his TF Wins. I have stood in the Winners Circle with Tony Schumacher holding the Wally and having my photograph professionally taken. This year I was on the starting line when Antron Brown Won in TF!! "INDY" the one word says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, we will always respect and regard Indy as being "the race", but there is history, tradition and great moments at other tracks too. Pomona, Gainesville, Englishtown. Even ZMax; I'd say the 1st 4wide event was pretty historical and will always be remembered. Some of the crashes & runs at the Motorplex were pretty darn memorable too. And what about the many match race tracks all across the country; some don't even exist any more, that sadly don't get mentioned, hardly ever at all. I actually think there's more history and tradition at those tracks than any NHRA national event track. For a kid to go to a track, have a great time and maybe have a revelation and say, "this is what I want to do when I grow up"...... and to have that kid one day turn into a Spencer Massey, a Brian Corradi, or Rick Stewart or Alan Reinhart.......well I think that can happen at any track, anywhere.

So will A Hines and M Phillips be the first of more to come?

Not what the article was refering too! But don't act all PC like trained puppies! Act like you give a damn. The guy in the other lane wants to take someting from you act like it don't act like you want to have his children!

Why do you have a problem with that? :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back