Thanks Whit (1 Viewer)

CrewGuy

Nitro Member
I wanted to send out a big "THANKS" to Whit Bazemore. Whit went out of his way to make Roger's visit to the U.S. Nationals a comfortable one. Also another big "THANKS" to CompetitionPlus' Bobby Bennett for assisting on making Roger's trip a memorable one. Thanks guys!
Whit_Hip.jpg

That's awesome to see! I really hope some of the people who always slam Whit will take a look to see what kind of guy he truly is. I am glad to hear Roger had a good time.

A great big thank you from the bottom of my heart to Whit for the kindness & generousity he showed me & for allowing me to see a small portion of his world. Oh to be young again. I would do anything in my power to be a part of that family of racers. He really is one of those special people that cares a great deal for others. Some people may get uptight with his intensitity but I find that to be one of his better qualities.
Alan Barrett, thank you so much for helping make all of yesterday possible. If I'd have known that I was that ugly I would have tried to break your expensive camera. I used to look pretty good & my own mental image told me that I still did. Now there's absolute proof that I've been guilty of believing my own hype. That picture of me will keep rats out of your house.
Type more later........"HIP"

If I'd have known that I was that ugly I would have tried to break your expensive camera. I used to look pretty good & my own mental image told me that I still did. Now there's absolute proof that I've been guilty of believing my own hype. That picture of me will keep rats out of your house.
Roger you aren't ugly........on the other hand, this guy.......well, you know what I mean.
Duh.jpg

The more I learn about the man, the more I like, admire & truly respect Whit Bazemore... Glad you had a good time Roger - I wish I was there too!

Way to go Whit, this is very cool.

Glad you enjoyed yourself Roger

I just want to know how Whit got his hands on a press pass when he was 16 years old....I guess Whit knew what he wanted eh?

My daughter is 13 and says to me all the time 'how can i know what I want to do' . I tell her she doesn't need to know yet.

But from hearing Whit's story , it doesn't hurt to know as soon as possible does it?

Some people get it figured out sooner than others is all.

I loved Whit's line "Thanks Mom and Dad! But now that I have my own kid, I think they were NUTS!!!"

A great big thank you from the bottom of my heart to Whit for the kindness & generousity he showed me & for allowing me to see a small portion of his world. Oh to be young again. I would do anything in my power to be a part of that family of racers. He really is one of those special people that cares a great deal for others. Some people may get uptight with his intensitity but I find that to be one of his better qualities.
Alan Barrett, thank you so much for helping make all of yesterday possible. If I'd have known that I was that ugly I would have tried to break your expensive camera. I used to look pretty good & my own mental image told me that I still did. Now there's absolute proof that I've been guilty of believing my own hype. That picture of me will keep rats out of your house.
Type more later........"HIP"

Hey Hip,

Glad to hear your opinion of Whit hasn't changed one bit. Boy you should have heard me screaming for a victory for him last night. I knew he was at a disadvantage (seemingly) to the Hight/Prock/JFR team, but Whit and the Matco team dug down and pulled an amazing run out and made it a REAL drag race all the way to the finish line. There were several of those yesterday, but it was great to have a final round be that close. After Whit's semi-final gift, I figured that the Gods might be smiling upon him, but rather it was just another lesson in being humbled. His disappointment was so obvious and boy if he had only been able to shave another hundredth off his RT, they could have beaten Hight.

Anyway, HipRogerr your sense of humor is refreshing. I haven't liked what I have been seeing in regards to pictures of myself lately either. I look forward to hearing more about your time at INDY and Whit's hospitality.

Cheers....Kurt

You guys better be careful.........you are going to give people the wrong idea about "maters":)

All kidding aside, it brings a smile to my face to hear of such occurences and how people are in reality vs. public perception.:D

I saw ya there Hip. Ya looked like you were havin a good time. Got to see some exciting stuff for Whit and the Matco Team. Too bad it didn't turn out better in the end but what a great race!

It's great that you had such a good time Hip. And even though I'm a JFR fanatic, I've always been a big fan of Whit. It was nice to see such a good final round, the Matco guys really stepped up & ran an awesome number despite not winning the race.

Whit showed a ton of class over the weekend, and yeah, it's hard to know someone when all you get are 'sound bites'...

Yeah, Whit's start to grow on me...

Is there a cream for that? :) :) :D

Hey Hip!
Congrats on a great weekend! If Whit's got his wits about him he'll bring you to every event! That close to another Indy victory must have some luck attached somehow and I'd say it was you. Quit your whining about not looking like Tom Selleck. We're getting old and it's OK! It's also great to put a face with one of my favored names. Again, congrats on what must have been a super weekend!
Your friend,
The Doctor

Hip...
Shades on the face, reading glasses tucked in the polo shirt, gray facial hair, skinny as a rail...

Everytime I look at a picture of myself I think, when did this happen? Funny how us classy guys all dress alike....

Hell, we ain't getting older, just the people we hang with are getting younger.

That's an awesome picture, Whit and his No. 1 Fan!
I too agree, Whit showed alot of class this weekend. Great job guys!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back