Thank You NHRA and Pro Drivers! (1 Viewer)

Pete

Nitro Member
I know it may sound cynical at this point, but sit back and look at the way the Countdown played out. You could easily say some racers got screwed, and maybe they did....however, a lot of them could have thrown stones and blamed NHRA, but they all acted professional and worked the system.

I don't like the Countdown, however the Finals did provide a lot of "edge of the seat" drama, so from that perspective they hit a home run. Fuller, Capps and Anderson got the screwjob, IMO.

My opinion is this, take the top 10 at the cutoff, them go down to 5 with 4 races left....having T. Ped basically lock it up in Vegas was pretty stupid IMO.

Stretch it a little, include more cars and give the countdown to 1 a few races to complete.

Edge of the Seat, had to have been one of the best single Drag Racing Events of all time. What a race!:eek:

That is the truth for sure .But only becasue its like a damn reality tv show now .With the pre arranged dives . NHRA trying to get on MTV now ????

I don't like the Countdown, however the Finals did provide a lot of "edge of the seat" drama, so from that perspective they hit a home run. Fuller, Capps and Anderson got the screwjob, IMO.

Capps would have finished 2nd under the old points system. Hight passed him with is win today.

Edge of the Seat, had to have been one of the best single Drag Racing Events of all time. What a race!:eek:

You're right Lance, it was a dang good Race... but it still would have been a great race under the 1975 to 2006 points, and even better under the One Shot for all the Marbles pre-1975 system...

Sorry, haven't been on the Edge of My Seat all Season except when The JFR floppers running... I'm a fan of Racers and Racing, not Points Chases...

I'm not against the Countdown, I just don't Care.

d'kid

I think everyone needs to get over the old points system. Thats just it, who gives a **** who would have been first in the old system. Out with the old in with new. Next year should change over to the nascar way of the countdown though to make a bit more room for error.Imo

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back