Pro Stock Motorcycle Question (1 Viewer)

The problem is that the buel teams have a v-twin with a 2 valve pushrod head (please correct me if I am wrong) The harleys have a v-twin with a 4valve dual overhead cam head that only they are allowed to run, the buels are not allowed to run a head of that design.

The Japanese bikes are allready running inline multi valve overhead cam engines.

Buel and Harley have for many years been sister companies, under the current rules Buel teams are not allowed to build engines to match the engines the Harleys are running.

So, it basically comes down to those that are running a distant second can only have half as many valves as those that are dominating the class?

Ohhh.. OK- now I get it.... :rolleyes:

...I have never seen an official explanation as to why the process is so different for the Harley racers. Many have formed their own opinions, and with the available evidence it's hard to come to any conclusion other than being the official motorcycle and a major series sponsor has some additional perks.

Well then.... Crystal clear now....

Last edited:
Not sure about the V-Rods on the track, but when the Stock V-Rods came out to me it was something Yamaha had around for many years in the V-Max! The V-Max is a bad a_ _ bike! Has Yamaha ever been involved with PSM?

Not sure about the V-Rods on the track, but when the Stock V-Rods came out to me it was something Yamaha had around for many years in the V-Max! The V-Max is a bad a_ _ bike! Has Yamaha ever been involved with PSM?

I believe (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that the rules state that a V-twin has to be of American design.

NHRA also nixed the inline 4 that DSR yes THAT DSR who had considerable time and money in because it had a seperate trans case.(or that is what was let known was the reason)

V-Max is a V-4, not a twin.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back