TF engine blocks (1 Viewer)

alot of promods run CN Billet blocks,some ta/fc do,I think it's a stronger piece but they can build you what you want.

Years ago, the late Elmer Trett had a billet lower end made for his TF bike. It didn't work. The billet material was so dense that it moved all around when it warmed up. The main bores would be out of round by the time he got back from the burnout.

He reline bored it everytime, and it continued to do the same thing.

Then Chief Auto Parts made a billet block for Eddie Hill. Elmer talked to Fuzzy and told him about his experience. They tested the block, and apparently had the same issue.

Would be interesting to know how they have worked around that in todays blocks.

Years ago, the late Elmer Trett had a billet lower end made for his TF bike. It didn't work. The billet material was so dense that it moved all around when it warmed up. The main bores would be out of round by the time he got back from the burnout.

He reline bored it everytime, and it continued to do the same thing.

Then Chief Auto Parts made a billet block for Eddie Hill. Elmer talked to Fuzzy and told him about his experience. They tested the block, and apparently had the same issue.

Would be interesting to know how they have worked around that in todays blocks.

I wonder if the difference is forging the billet before machining...

Probably, and the alloy could be different. I am sure those production blocks see several stress relieving processes along the way too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back