Time to Turn Back The Clocks Early 90s TAD Inovation... (1 Viewer)

mike

Nitro Member
So today I was going through one of my old drag racing zines, and came across what I thought to be an interesting little piece...

"Going their own way part two"

"Alcohol Dragster is a wonderful class, for those who don't want to be like everyone else. Last month we gave you two examplesin Mike Sage in the Dietzel & Sage twin engined machine and Ron Boggs with his wild alterd TA/D. There are others. Cam builder Chet Herbert and Roy Steen have teamed up to field this twin engined creation (Right) which runs on gasoline and nitrous. The dual Arias blocks are topped with Steen's custom -made billet cylinder heads, lifters and rocker arms, injectors, mag drive, and valve covers. The one off engines rest in a 300 inch chassis. The whole deal is still in the develop-mental stage, so there are no good numbers yet. Another inconoclast is Chess Bushey (below) who for years has been competing in TA/D with an A/Fuel dragster. Now he's added nitrous injection to his Brad Anderson "fat head" engine. NHRA wrote the rules to encourage variety (my note what the hell happened haha) and it's working"

Could anyone who knows the deal with these kind of cars what numbers they ended up running, or were they deals that didn't last long? I can't seem to find any follow ups.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hey Mike,
2 more for you.
1. Arrivett (sp) Bros streamliner.
2. Twin Buick V6 powered TAD (last seen in a Hulk Hogan movie ! ).
Sorry no numbers.

Mark.

Hey Mike,
2 more for you.
1. Arrivett (sp) Bros streamliner.
2. Twin Buick V6 powered TAD (last seen in a Hulk Hogan movie ! ).
Sorry no numbers.

Mark.

Thanks Mark. What Hulk Hogan film was that in??

I guess I should have posted this thread on Insidetopalcohol.com.

Surely there was someone on here that would have had some idea. O'well.

I always had a special place in my heart for twin motor cars, and wish the NHRA would see fit to allow them again. I'm not holding my breath.:(

Late 80's rules allowed a bunch more innovation, remember the Gale Banks turbocharged Firebird alky FC? Imagine what the current A/FD's could run at the 80's weight breaks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back