Team CSK (1 Viewer)

scooter

Nitro Member
I just got my flier for the World Series at Cordova,and found out that Del and Jeff will be racing on Sat. Aug. 25th along with Wilkerson(Tim) and Jack Wyatt. That will be a nice little warm up before heading out for Indy.

that's nice little appearance money, run conservatively at cordova, buy
more parts for indy.
love the world series; grew up there. wish i had time to attend.

Last year the track offered $1000 to the first F/C to run 300mph.

T. Ped did it. That place gets wanky when the sun goes down and the humidity is up..slickery.

It's a good event..

It was $3000 for the first 300mph pass in a currently legal nitro funny car...As of this posting the nostalgia funny cars stated to run is not correct...Only 1 of the 4 have actually signed an agreement...The event also features Brady Kalivoda match racing The Greek....Both the Rat Trap and Nanook AAFA's will be in attendence, as well as Rapid Randy Baker, Tom Motry and others...

Here is a link to the flyer...

54th World Series Flyer

That sounds like a pretty good group. I have that marked on my calendar. Is Rapid and other altereds racing on Saturday too? or Just Friday?

The World Series of Drag Racing is always a hoot.

We won it a couple times in TAD and we ran there last year with the top fueler.

I might be mistaken on this but yes I do believe you will see at least some of the altereds on Friday night...

Hey Tony...Did you by chance see any of the videos of your runs from last year posted by us at 1800-Entertainment.com?

It was $3000 for the first 300mph pass in a currently legal nitro funny car...As of this posting the nostalgia funny cars stated to run is not correct...Only 1 of the 4 have actually signed an agreement...The event also features Brady Kalivoda match racing The Greek....Both the Rat Trap and Nanook AAFA's will be in attendence, as well as Rapid Randy Baker, Tom Motry and others...

Here is a link to the flyer...

54th World Series Flyer

I guess that Kalivoda will be out now. I hope they can get someone else!!!

I might be mistaken on this but yes I do believe you will see at least some of the altereds on Friday night...

Hey Tony...Did you by chance see any of the videos of your runs from last year posted by us at 1800-Entertainment.com?
Yes I did, you guys did a nice job.

To bad we didn't run a little better.

Does anyone know if a team has been named to replace Kalivoda?
Who all is going? Is there anyone that is coming past Naperville area and might want to carpool? I haven't been to Cordova in a few years (scheduling conflicts with a child I think).
Randy, are you guys running on Saturday too? Or just Friday night? I'd love to see you guys run after reading about it so much. But, I can't make it early enough on Friday after work.

I just got my flier for the World Series at Cordova,and found out that Del and Jeff will be racing on Sat. Aug. 25th along with Wilkerson(Tim) and Jack Wyatt. That will be a nice little warm up before heading out for Indy.

That track is one of the coolest tracks anywhere. Outstanding traction, down home atmosphere, ice cream, and superb staff!

I'd recommend it highly even just for a weekly show. With all this much activity, it's a no-brainer if you're anywhere within driving distance.

edit: Forgot to mention the sit-down restaurant, shade trees, and a playground for the kids.

Last edited:
Mike Strasburg is taking Kalivoda's place. Looks like the weather should be cooperative, so it'll be a good show. Can't go Friday, but going up Saturday. My buddy is going to spray his motor with 450 horse of nitrous to make the Frantic 14. :eek:

It looks like it is still storming out at Cordova. It was crazy here around Chicago last night, more to come today and tonight. Tomorrow looks pretty good though, right about 70 and mostly sunny.
Is there anybody closer to the track? How are things there after the storm?

I work In East Moline and at 3:30 there were some pretty dark clouds hanging around,but on the good side Sat. should be fine.

just got off the phone with my big bro...he's out there with the Chicago Fire fuel altered....said they are about to warm the car up....hasn't rained in a few hours and isnt supposed to anymore tonight and they are scheduled to run in about 2 1/2 hours....i'll be out there tomorrow.....stop by the pit and say hello

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back