Sunday will never be the same... (10 Viewers)

From the Beginning


View attachment 6333
Denny Milani in the beautiful but illfated, Ted Gotelli AA/FD at Lions 1965.
Sadly Denny would be killed in this car at Half Moon Bay, CA August 22, 1965. Denny was only 24


View attachment 6334
The Greek 1970


View attachment 6335
1967 Pacific Raceway The Assassin AA/FD with the late Gaines Markley in the seat.


View attachment 6336
Jerry Ruth hand out 1971


View attachment 6337
Dwight Salisbury in the Smothers Bros. Beach Boys AA/FD 1969


View attachment 6338
My all time favorite car 1975 AA/FC The "Ace" in the seat


View attachment 6340


View attachment 6341
VW Bug on Nitro. It was ill handling at best.


View attachment 6342
Could be the late Mike Sniveley in the seat.


View attachment 6343
The late great Pat Foster at OCIR
I'm a sucker for front engine dragsters. SO COOL
 
Can't forget the AA/FC and the boat fans. Have a good Sunday night!



View attachment 6354
The late Patty Foster at Lions this car was bad ASS! 71 or 72


View attachment 6355
OCIR- I think 1968


View attachment 6356
Rick Ramsey in the Keeling & Clayton AA/FC Mustang at Pomona. Man they had nice looking cars, and real paint too!


View attachment 6357
Cle Elum, Wasington own Mike Miller OCIR 1975. Saw Mike race flopper's from 1969 to early 80's at Seattle
I don't care what people say, I miss the old day's.



View attachment 6358


View attachment 6359


View attachment 6361View attachment 6360


View attachment 6362


View attachment 6363
I don't recall ever getting to see the Mike Miller car at SIR, but regardless - beautiful funny car.
 
I don't recall ever getting to see the Mike Miller car at SIR, but regardless - beautiful funny car.

1790288010301.png

Suzanne, you might remember and saw his last funny car before he retired. He
ran this Mustang body flopper in 1981, 1982 and maybe more, I can't remember.
 
THE END...REALLY...THE END
My son will be picking up his computer gear this morning 11-23-2020
I would like to thank my sponsor's
One Punch Beer...Zig Zag Rolling Papers and Oh crap I can't remember the other's
View attachment 6627
John Collins from SoCal. AA/FC 1978
View attachment 6628
Montana's Bill Spevacek AA/FC at Seattle
View attachment 6630
Jim Green "The Green Elephant" AA/FC 1977

View attachment 6631
Danny Ongais in the seat of Mickey Thompson's 1969 Mustang AA/FC Bad Ass car!
View attachment 6632
The late Dickie Harrell AA/FC
View attachment 6633
AA/FD The late Pual Longenecker blowing one up
View attachment 6634
Marvin "Who" Graham...Nitro burning digger
View attachment 6636
The late Jim Plummer AA/FD
View attachment 6637
Tom Toler AA/FD at Irwindale, Ca 1970. This picture was taken out of one
of many Drag Racing Photo Great magzines I have. What a fantastic
drag racing pictorial magazine from the late 60s into 70s and even a
one off in the 80s and 90s. Go back to page 1 of this thread to see the
dead motor laying on the track. Tom was not hurt. just his feelings.
View attachment 6638
This is the sunset on this thread!!! My part anyway. THE END
So glad it was not really the end. . .
 
Washing out the years


View attachment 18141
AA/FC Born in Grove, Oklahoma and later moved to SoCal as a kid, it's Jess "Mr. Pontiac" Tyree in the seat

Jess Tyree was one in a million. I once had the pleasure of spending one on one with him as we waited out a rain delay during a March Meet event. He amongst many things we talked about was his first funny car and the secret no one ever picked up on. You see cars were heavy back then and tough to figure out how to lighten them up. Jess confessed that they built the chassis out of aluminum tubing and painted it so well, no one thought otherwise.

It's hard to believe it's been more than ten years since his passing but his store lives on thanks to the NHRA.
 
Here are some NorthWest AA/FC, from the early 80s that I saw run at Seattle. A number of times in the early 80s
Sadly we have lost some of these drivers. RIP
"Nasty" Dave Benjamin, still races today AA/Fuel Altered
View attachment 6414

Jim Moore
View attachment 6415

Mike Miller, His last ride.
View attachment 6416

Mike Cyr
View attachment 6417

Marty Maltais. Marty raced Pro Stock in the late 70s
View attachment 6418

"Nitro Nick" Harmon
View attachment 6419

Bill Spevacek
View attachment 6420

Paul Luppy. Saw this car burn to the ground at Seattle
View attachment 6421
"240" Gordy Bonin
View attachment 6422
"Gentleman" Hank Johnson
View attachment 6423G
These are more my era. Keep taking me back. It's so fun to come on here and reminisce. I have photo albums of my days at the drags packed away, but it's great to get to come in here and my fix.
 
View attachment 6795
The late Mike Snivley in the Hawaiian AA/FD 1967
View attachment 6796
No ID, But it's Irwindale,CA
View attachment 6799
No ID Cool shot AA/FD OCIR 1970
View attachment 6800
Jim Dunn's "Rainbow car" near lane vs Kelly bown 1968
View attachment 6801
From Oregon it's Cordy Jensen "Bev's Steak House" AA/FD 1967 at Puyallup,WA
View attachment 6802
From The Great Northwest. Green Dragon AA/FD 1966 Puyallup,WA
View attachment 6803
The late Mike Sorokin in the seat "The Grecian" AA/FD 1967 Irwindale,CA
View attachment 6805
The late Raymond Beadle in Prentiss Cunningham AA/FD at the
NHRA World Finals. Amarillo,TX 1971
View attachment 6806
No ID It looks like Fremont in the lights. Check out the front wheels
View attachment 6807
Not a bad AA/FD entry list. Do you agree?
It'd be great to get fields like that again . . .
 
View attachment 7203
John Hilton AA/FD 1976
View attachment 7204
Flip Schofield AA/FD getting some VHT
View attachment 7205
Jim Barnard AA/FD 1975 from the Northwest. In the early 80s Jim would get in a we bit of trouble
View attachment 7206
Bill Potts AA/FD 1975
View attachment 7207
Howard Haight in the seat "American Way" AA/FD 1973 car was destroyed in a crash in 1974
View attachment 7208
From the magazine pages of Popular Hot Rodding Pictorial 1975
View attachment 7209
Larry Fullerton in the "Trojan Horse" mustang body nitro flopper 1972
View attachment 7210
Shirl Greer on fire at Ontario 1974. If you are a true drag racing fan, you know the story
on this deal.
View attachment 7211
Looks to be Ford powered, could be one of Mickey Thompson
nitro burning mustangs AA/FC
View attachment 7212
Ronnie Jackson in his Vega AA/FC 1973
Racers want to compete. Don’t get me wrong a buy run is nice, but true racers want you in the lanes. After that fire, everyone pitched in and got him back out there. I believe he went on to win that race. I’m pretty sure he won the championship that year. Please correct me if I’m wrong. This is one of the many reasons I love drag racing. You’ll kill each other on the track, but back in the pits it’s about friends/family coming together to compete have fun and put on a good show. You don’t get that on all sports.
 
None of these pictures are from my magazines. They are taken from Fuel Curve
All photos by British Columbia, Canada resident Larry Pfister
Seattle 64 Funny Cars 1975 and 1976 maybe some from 1974
I was there, what a great time to be 16 years old and going to the drags!
Part one
View attachment 7492
View attachment 7493
View attachment 7494
View attachment 7495
View attachment 7496
View attachment 7497
View attachment 7498
View attachment 7499
View attachment 7500
View attachment 7501
How cool would it be to bring back the Fox Hunts and 64 Funny Cars to SIR/Pacific Raceways. I know it’s not possible, but a girl can dream right? The neighbors would crap - LOL
 
Always thought (still do). When I started going to the drags in the late 60s.
Was the garb they wore back in the day was cool, especially the breather fire mask. BITCHIN
View attachment 7818
View attachment 7819
View attachment 7820
View attachment 7821
View attachment 7822
View attachment 7823
View attachment 7824
View attachment 7826
View attachment 7827
View attachment 7828
Same. I used to sit longways on the couch in my Dad’s
Always thought (still do). When I started going to the drags in the late 60s.
Was the garb they wore back in the day was cool, especially the breather fire mask. BITCHIN
View attachment 7818
View attachment 7819
View attachment 7820
View attachment 7821
View attachment 7822
View attachment 7823
View attachment 7824
Always thought (still do). When I started going to the drags in the late 60s.
Was the garb they wore back in the day was cool, especially the breather fire mask. BITCHIN
View attachment 7818
View attachment 7819
View attachment 7820
View attachment 7821
View attachment 7822
View attachment 7823
View attachment 7824
View attachment 7826
View attachment 7827
View attachment 7828
Same. I used to sit longways on the couch in my Dad’s fire mask/suit and pretend I was racing. I can still vividly remember the smell. Silly but a fun memory. I won many races on that couch - LOL.
 
"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineeing; all the rest are merely games."

View attachment 9749
AA/FC 1977 AHRA World Finals Spokane, the late Raymond Beadle in the seat "Blue Max" nitro flopper
View attachment 9750
AA/FD "Halucination" Dick Rosberg in the seat
View attachment 9751
AA/FD Darryl Greenameyer is up in the "Smirnoff" nitro rail
View attachment 9752
AA/FD No ID Photo shoot San Fernando Dragway 1963
View attachment 9753
AA/FC One of my all time favorite fuel racers Dale Pulde in the seat, "Revelleader"
1973 Pontiac Grand Am body flopper of the late Mickey Thompson
View attachment 9754
AA/FD The car was owned by the late T.B. Smallwood with the late Les Allen in the seat
View attachment 9755
AA/FD Nice under the lights shot Jim "Superman" Nicol 1968 actually this
was before Jim was known as superman, if you don't no why, what
are you doing here.
View attachment 9756
AA/FC This is the old track Mission Raceway, Mission B.C. Canada. My sister and I went there a
couple of times in the early 70s. The track was literally in downtown Mission. If I remember right
the first time we went on a Sunday they could not run cars until noon because of church service
next door
View attachment 9757
AA/FD No ID chute out
View attachment 9759
AA/FD 1966 Just another classic leave from back in the day
I don’t know why his nickname was “Superman”, but I’m here because I can’t stay away. #addicted
 
  • Like
Reactions: z28
I've Seen All Good People: a. Your Move, b. All Good People

View attachment 12663\
AA/FD Dave Beebe in the seat "Beebe & Fedak"
View attachment 12664
AA/FD Randy Allison in the Allison Bros. digger, the year is 1973
View attachment 12665
AA/FD The "Great Expectations" of Jim & Alison Lee. Tom Raley in the
seat at Englishtown
View attachment 12666
AA/FD Once again it's Jim & Alison Lee with there first rear engine dragster
having a bad day. Tom Raley was in the seat. He walked away.
View attachment 12667
AA/FD No ID at OCIR under the lights, the year is 1968
View attachment 12668
AA/FD The late John Mulligan in the seat "Beebe Bros. & Sixt" fueler
View attachment 12669
AA/FC "Broadway Freddy" DeName in the seat at OCIR
View attachment 12670
AA/FC Nice under the lights shot. Shirley in the seat. If you don't know who
Shirley is, what are you doing here?
View attachment 12671
AA/FC Bob Pickett in the Pete's "Lil Demon" Dodge Demon body nitro flopper
View attachment 12672
AA/FD Drag Racing Photo Greats Magazine 1970. Fantastic night shot, the late Gary Ormsby
in the seat at Fremont 1969
😉
 
No political BS or talking about lawn mowers or what ever, here.
Just fantastic pictures of days gone by.


View attachment 14230
AA/FD John Wiebe in the lights at Fremont
View attachment 14231
AA/FD It's 1965 Bob Downey in the seat "A&W Root Beer Special"
View attachment 14232
AA/FD The late Steve Carbone in then seat
View attachment 14233
AA/FD It's Fremont 1966, Gary Ormsby gettin it on
View attachment 14234
AA/FD No ID but nonetheless a great photo
View attachment 14235
AA/FC Jim Dunn photo shoot, Drag Racing USA Magazine
View attachment 14236
AA/FC Shirl Greer doing what we all miss, long smokey burnout
View attachment 14237
AA/FC The late Don Schumacher flopper, not sure who is in the seat?
It could be Bobby Rowe. SS&DI magazine didn't say. Can you say fire burnout
View attachment 14238
AA/FC It's under the lights. Tom Hoover "White Bear Dodge"
View attachment 14239
AA/FC Connie and Shirley side by side burnout's at sunset
I have never seen a funny car open up backwards like that. I didn't know they had funny cars with the engines behind the driver like that. . . Where have I been? Must have been before my time - LOL. It's cool to see. You never stop learning and I love it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top