Sunday will never be the same... (11 Viewers)

Nothing Else Matters



View attachment 14821
AA/FD From Dallas it's the "Rat Patrol" with the late Larry Ladue in the seat
View attachment 14822
BB/FC Who says a BB/FC can't do a fire burnout. Zig & Deitz alky flopper, with (I think) Frank
Harris in the seat
View attachment 14823
AA/FC "King Fish" Larry Arnold in the seat
View attachment 14824
AA/FC It's the 1970s and it's 240 Gordie Bonin
View attachment 14825
AA/FD The late great Danny Ongais
View attachment 14826
AA/FD & AA/FC Photo shoot, King & Marshall
View attachment 14828
AA/FD The absolutely gorgeous "Gotelli Speed Shop" fuel dragster hanging out in a parking
lot somewhere, many many moons ago
View attachment 14829
AA/FD No ID on this great wheels up, tire smoking pass
View attachment 14830
AA/FD It's the "Ramchagers" at Bakersfield
View attachment 14831
AA/FC From Washington State, it's the "Green Elephant" nitro burning funny car
How many years did the Green Elephant car run? I feel like I've seen this car many times. Cool Pic -
 
How many years did the Green Elephant car run? I feel like I've seen this car many times

Jim and Betty Green ran the flopper throughout the 1970s here in the Northwest. The late Frank Hall won the 1973 NHRA funny car world championship in the car. Rich Rodgers got runner-up at the 1977 U.S. Nats driving the Elephant. Other drivers I can think of Rob Bruins (future NHRA Top Fuel world champ) Cle Elum, WA Mike Miller drove too
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top