Streak? (1 Viewer)

Jet

Nitro Member
Just curious and no disrespect meant, but how will the statisticians view John Force's qualifying streak...broken or not?

It will take a very gutsy move on the part of some statistician-type dingle*berry to determine John's streak is now broken given the circumstances. Talk about the need for an asterisk besides the statistic?

not.....he didn't make an attempt so it doesn't go as a DNQ

Your probably correct.. however they (NHRA) cant say he has qualified for 400 "consecutive" races if he makes it.. because there will be this one he missed.. however as you say he did not DNQ so it probably will stand..

I tend to think that John doesn't care too much about what statisticians might have to say about his no-show last weekend. When you put it in perspective of losing a team mate who was like a son to him, statistics seem irrelevant.

Bob Frey mentioned over the PA at the track that the streak is still intact. "Like a baseball player on a hitting streak...if he misses a game the streak still stands."

Force had two very long streaks going. His string of consecutive races is broken, at 427 I believe, but his qualifying streak - like all other qualifying streaks - is based on the number of races where he has successfully attempted to qualify without a DNQ. Can't DNQ if you don't make an attempt. In his case, both streaks are unlikely to be matched by anyone, ever.

yea it's like Gehrig's 56 or Ripken's 2252 or whatever it is....you'll never see anything like it again

yea it's like Gehrig's 56 or Ripken's 2252 or whatever it is....you'll never see anything like it again
You mean like Hank Aaron's non-pharmaceutically enhanced home run record?

I still believe John's consecutive races streak should remain in-tact with the asterisk to denote his reasoning. There's not a soul in the entire racing world who would believe he otherwise would have missed that race.

Last edited:
You mean like Hank Aaron's non-pharmaceutically enhanced home run record?

I still believe John's consecutive races streak should remain in-tact with the asterisk to denote his reasoning. There's not a soul in the entire racing world who would believe he otherwise would have missed that race.

I totally agree, Bobby... The only people that are going to be interested in this bit of trivia will be, in my opinion, hardcore drag racing fans.

By earning that level of fan status, they will be like most of us here and have compassion for John and what was going on in that organization, as well as a complete understanding of the situation; a situation that will probably be historically remembered as the incident that changed the Funny Cars class, such the same as the day at Lions that changed the Top Fuel class.

I don't think anybody will be looking for an asterisk...

Gehrig's 56? You have your streak's crossed. It was Joe Dimaggio who had a 56-game hitting streak, which I believe is safe...of course as a kid, I once thought Don Drysdale's 58 scoreless inning streak would never be broken and some kind name Orel broke that one.

Gehrig's 56? You have your streak's crossed. It was Joe Dimaggio who had a 56-game hitting streak, which I believe is safe...of course as a kid, I once thought Don Drysdale's 58 scoreless inning streak would never be broken and some kind name Orel broke that one.

okay i'm a little embarrassed that i mixed those up cuz i know better than that. my mistake!!.....:eek:

Last edited:
You got any proof Aaron never took anything or that Bonds did?

Um lets see have you LOOKED at Bonds???? Oh let me guess OJ was innocent too.

Bonds is a disgrace to the game. I only wish Griffey hadn't had these last few injury seasons, otherwise he'd have blown the record far enough away that the roids boy wouldn't be able to touch it.

Force qualifying streak stays intact just not the consecutive races qualified for, I'm sure we'll hear a slight difference in how they mention it on the broadcast. Either way its a record that I doubt will be touched

No proof, but how to you go bald in your thirties and your hat size increases, or how in your thirties does your shoe size increase by three full sizes? I though my head and feet quit growing at about 20-22 years old... Maybe I am crazy, but that kind of "growth" is "hormone"-ally strange...

Let me guess, you're the guy that believes;
a) Michael Jackson has had no surgeries?
b) Cinderella's coach really turns into a pumpkin?
c) Darrell Russell's report will be public in 30 days?
d) Neil Armstrong never walked on the moon?
e) Kennedy wasn't shot by Oswald?
f) Jesse Jackson is a real Reverend?
g) Professional Wrestling is real?
h) OJ is innocent?

There is far more truth to all of the aforementioned than Barry Bonds being clean.

Three shoe sizes? Holy smokes! Is this true?
If it is, my mind is made up.

Spent many moons in college sports with lots of users of drugs from junk from mexico to big dollar stuff. I have seen more than I ever want to know. Many of it was absolutely undetectable. Does not mean it did not happen.
You are still guilty even if you were never caught.

Let me guess, you're the guy that believes;
a) Michael Jackson has had no surgeries?
b) Cinderella's coach really turns into a pumpkin?
c) Darrell Russell's report will be public in 30 days?
d) Neil Armstrong never walked on the moon?
e) Kennedy wasn't shot by Oswald?
f) Jesse Jackson is a real Reverend?
g) Professional Wrestling is real?
h) OJ is innocent?

There is far more truth to all of the aforementioned than Barry Bonds being clean.

I never said Bonds was clean. I said where is the proof.
You can not say the players in the past were all clean. I think in any sport they used the drug of the day. If you can't go back and test, then they are all clean. Same with Bonds. Get a dirty test or he is clean.
All this has ever been about is people don't like Bonds. Point. Sosa gets caught cheating with a corked bat and is given a free pass.

I think in any sport they used the drug of the day.
I'll respectfully disagree. I've played many sports my whole life. My sons all played multiple sports-even at the college level and NEVER ONCE did any of us ever use anything beyond multi-vitamins and I happen to believe that the majority of players in Hank's era were real athletes and not doped into the record books. I hesitate to say that about many of today's athletes although I'm confident there is lots of clean pure athletic talent performing day-in and day-out. Those who dope are nothing less than cheaters. It would be a shame to see them defraud their way into the record books.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back