Stivers right on track with provisional No. 4 (1 Viewer)

CONCORD, N.C. (September 18, 2009) - Rick Stivers, driver of the Trane 2006 Stratus Pro Mod in the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge, landed in the provisional No. 4 spot in the NHRA Carolinas Nationals on Friday.

His run of 5.957 at 240.59 mph is the quickest he has been since his comeback from his accident at St. Louis and was a "shot in the arm" for the Kentucky driver.

"We needed that," Stivers said. "This team, all of Brad Anderson's guys, they have been working so hard to put this car together after St. Louis, and these two laps we've made here today are the best laps so far in a brand-new car. It really felt good to see a solid five-second pass, because we all knew we had it.

"We were really fast and really straight, and all is can say is that the Trane is back on the tracks!" he said.

"I know that Brad can get a whole lot more out of this car, and that tomorrow he's going to push it hard before we head into eliminations. I know he'll want to see what we can do and how much he can put on the track, so look out."

Although he's back on his racing game, Stivers said he's a bit "off" because his son, Rick Jr., is not with him at the race - only the second time he hasn't been with him when Stivers has raced.

"Things are really busy in the office at home, which is great, so Rick had to stay back to manage things there. It's just like I'm missing something, but I know it's good for the company and for him. It's just different," he said.

Stivers will take one more qualifying lap Saturday at 1:00 p.m. and then begin eliminations begin at 4:30 p.m. and then conclude Sunday afternoon.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back