Sponsorships? Just how do they work........ (1 Viewer)

NitroRichFire

Nitro Member
Sponsorships, just how do they work? I am confused, about the whole deal. It seems, with Mike Ashley when he changed teams, the sponsorship went with him. Erica Enders changed teams and the sponsorship stayed with the team. Just how do sponsorships work?:confused:

Evan Knoll owned the team, I think even with the Worshams. I guess you could say they changed makes of the body and management, so to speak. The Slammers deal may have been Victor Cagnazzi's more than Erica's.

As I understand it, Mike Ashely brought the sponsorship with him. His car was run out of the Worsham camp. When he left after his contract had expired, he took his sponsor with him to DSR. However Worsham still retained the associate sponsorship.

With Erica it looks like the sponsorship was with caznazzi [ sp, you know who I mean] and she remained as a spokesperson for Slammers and also has an associate sponsorship with them.

The real bit of information you really need to know is who brought the sponsor to the dance. Mostly if they leave the sponsor goes with them, but not always. Sometimes things change and sponsors change people and direction turning evereything upside down. BUT that's drag racing..
jim

Every sponsorship is different. Owner, Crew Chief, Driver, and sometimes the primary Sponsor themselves bring in associate sponsors. If there is a break up it depends how the contracts were written and who is loyal to who.

As I understand it, Mike Ashely brought the sponsorship with him. His car was run out of the Worsham camp. When he left after his contract had expired, he took his sponsor with him to DSR. However Worsham still retained the associate sponsorship.

With Erica it looks like the sponsorship was with caznazzi [ sp, you know who I mean] and she remained as a spokesperson for Slammers and also has an associate sponsorship with them.

The real bit of information you really need to know is who brought the sponsor to the dance. Mostly if they leave the sponsor goes with them, but not always. Sometimes things change and sponsors change people and direction turning evereything upside down. BUT that's drag racing..
jim

Thanks Jim for the lesson, I am always learning new things about the greatest sport in the world!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back