Mike Ashley's Team seeks New Title Sponsor (1 Viewer)

I am also very surprised by this. I feel pretty confident that Mike will land on his feet because he can have Lend America buy them some time. I am more worried about if Evan is pulling out of other places (Millican, Harris, Smith, etc...). He has helped out SO many people and I would hate to see that all end too.

Well, I guess we'll see. Sure does SUCK though!!!

I guess when one entity sponsors SOO Many teams, you just have to expect something like this to happen sooner or later!:rolleyes:

This was in a Myspace bulletin posted by Evan last night:
I will be out of commission for a few weeks due to testing on my head from my car reck on Nov-10-04. I will not be avalable but i have someone that will be checking my-space and etc. Business will go thru Latrell and Kelly while I am out of commission or you can call 1-800-67TORCO. I will be back and thanks in advanced for the prayres. "GOD BLESS" Evan Knoll. PS. GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!

I guess when one entity sponsors SOO Many teams, you just have to expect something like this to happen sooner or later!:rolleyes:
I was thinking the same thing, hopefully folks can put somethings together or else the fuel fields are about to become short all season. That said, a big thanks to Evan and TORCO for keeping so many folks in the game the last few years.

S/F
D

Hmmmmmmm............I bet Evan has a plan...................!

Makes sense to me! If I really wanted to support drag racing by getting a bunch of cars out, and my funds became low, I would drop my GREATEST, MOST MARKETABLE TEAM(S) so that they could procure sponsorship based on their already well known marketability.

Gotham City Racing is a team that has tremendous potential to pick up other major sponsors where as the other, smaller, less marketable teams would be the one that would need my (as the hypothetical altruistic businesswoman and millionaire) help!

Is there a rule of sorts in business saying that Evan can't own IHRA and sponsor vehicles at the same time?...Makes ya wonder with the rumor last week of him and IHRA being in talks but hadn't finalized a deal yet...

Is there a rule of sorts in business saying that Evan can't own IHRA and sponsor vehicles at the same time?...Makes ya wonder with the rumor last week of him and IHRA being in talks but hadn't finalized a deal yet...

I would think sponsoring cars in NHRA would yield a far greater return than owning IHRA...

I would think sponsoring cars in NHRA would yield a far greater return than owning IHRA...

But if you run out of money, all is moot. You can't continue to give away the farm and expect to have a farm. This was bound to happen along the way. The gas business is pretty good but the business plan seems to have taken a little detour.

Either Evan has something up his sleave and something didn't go his way or his co. is feeling the economy pain.

Either Evan has something up his sleave and something didn't go his way or his co. is feeling the economy pain.

I don't think that is the case or has anything to do with it. Remember, he just branched out to sponsor motorcross now as well. I smell a boycot, but that is just *my* opinion.

Your mileage may vary.

Either way, that really sucks for a lot of teams. Best of luck to you and Melanie and the team, you guys will land on your feet.

I for one want to personally thank Evan for what he has done for the sport the past 4-5 years. Had it not been for his desire and ambition to help a lot of up and comer's or "low-buck" guys, they would not have made it as far as they have. You have to look no further than the man that opened his checkbook and asked "what can I do to help?", to see that this has been an amazing run for a lot of talented teams. Without the support a lot would have folded, not finished seasons or not have realized their dreams.
I really can't imagine that they had a high ROI on every dollar they spent, as Mike said, it has more from Evan's heart than anywhere.

Thank you again Evan! We'll be here when you return!

This can not be a good thing. If Torco pulls the sponsorship of all of their teams this will hurt ALL of drag racing. The timing of this could not have come at a worse time with testing only a few weeks away. I wonder what will happen to the teams Evan owns? I hope this is all a bad dream because Evan helps out so many of the underfunded teams.

I hope that what Evan has provided to the sport of drag racing and the driver(s)/Teams can only help bring those originally less funded and/or sidelined to the point that great things will materialize.........but........I still hope Mr. Knoll has something GREAT up his sleave. (Just being optimistic.)

Something big time wrong must have gone on...

Troxel and Ashleys paint jobs/designs have been out for weeks. All the very proud to keep the POW/MIA stuff on Melanies car, blah blah.

Same with Creasy Jr, new body, new trailer paint design, etc.

You don't go through all that work and post the stuff unless you plan on doing something. Then just pull the plug with a little over 2 weeks to testing time??? :eek:

Last edited:
Something big time wrong must have gone on...

Troxel and Ashleys paint jobs/designs have been out for weeks.

Same with Creasy Jr, new body, new trailer paint design, etc.

You don't go through all that work and post the stuff unless you plan on doing something. Then just pull the plug with a little over 2 weeks to testing time??? :eek:

I couldn't agree more! Something doesn't seem right with this one.

Last edited:
how come there isn't anything about this on competition plus. bobby bennett is usually right on top of anything that has to do with torco. he would know the most because he seems pretty tight with evan knoll...... c'mon bobby, tell us whats up

Many owners paint their cars/trucks/etc before ever receiving a quarterly payment...or better yet...they do all the above w/out a signed contract...

I hope to see Mike and team out there as they can run very well...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back