Server Downtime (1 Viewer)

DixonFan

Staff member
Administrator
To all Mater!

I want to apologize for the downtime we experienced today. The news of Scott's death over whelmed the mysql sever in which our site runs on. Thousands of people trying to get to our site to find out answers to what happened. To only find that our site was down. The tech support firm I have for the server didn't respond and fix the problem in a timely manner. The Mater started to breath again around 11pm est. Tech support has assured me that everything is up and running smoothly. Sorry for the downtime!

Thanks,
Shannon

Re: Sever Downtime

Relax Shannon,
We learned, all too well, today that worse things could happen. I find it a good thing that so many of us cared enough to want the up-to-date information that can, many times, be found right here among our own. For all the times we've come to the site without errors, I think you guys should have some latitude for down time. I appreciate all you do and I suspect most others here do also. It's a time to remember our friend Scott and this is the place to commiserate, among friends and true fans. Thanks for providing our meeting place.

Relax Shannon,
We learned, all too well, today that worse things could happen. I find it a good thing that so many of us cared enough to want the up-to-date information that can, many times, be found right here among our own. For all the times we've come to the site without errors, I think you guys should have some latitude for down time. I appreciate all you do and I suspect most others here do also. It's a time to remember our friend Scott and this is the place to commiserate, among friends and true fans. Thanks for providing our meeting place.

Very well put, Bobby.

The first thing I did was try to log on here after I heard the sad news. In a way, I was kinda happy that it wasn't up. I'm sure most of you can see why.

RIP, Scott.

No problem Shannon, I`m sure most knew why the server was down. This is where we all go to find out what`s going on.
Still hard to grasp that Scott is gone.

No problem Shannon, I`m sure most knew why the server was down. This is where we all go to find out what`s going on.
Still hard to grasp that Scott is gone.

Well said - I doubt very many of us wondered why the server went down. We all needed our mutual comfort and wanted updates, and few servers would be likely to handle that significant an increase.

Yeah, it was a little strange... Was in chat room when it crashed... went to the home page out chat, and the 'lights' were off and nobody was home...

Thanks for all you do Shannon

d'kid

Very well put, Bobby.

The first thing I did was try to log on here after I heard the sad news. In a way, I was kinda happy that it wasn't up. I'm sure most of you can see why.

RIP, Scott.

I agree with Mark & thanks for all you do Shannon!

Relax Shannon,

Well said, Bobby.

Relax Shannon,

Very well put Bobby, as usual. I was at the track yesterday and after the accident and the PA going quiet I started trying to get on here via my iPhone to try to find some good news. The mood was definitely somber in the pits and with the lack of a medevac helicopter flying in I took that as a bad sign. I got the database error when I tried coming on and guessed it was because of the accident. Ironic that even though I was at the event I turned to the internet to try to find updates. This technology age is really something.

RIP Scott

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back