Nitromater.com (1 Viewer)

DixonFan

Staff member
Administrator
Hello Everyone,

Well I have finally made it back on the Internet. Its been a long road as some of you know. I recently moved. I encountered some issues with comcast and my service. After 3 1/2 weeks were back up and running. Nitromater.com has had some interesting times in this 3 1/2 week period as many of you know...lol A lot of downtime. I do apologize for this as it was never intended for me to be off the Internet for so long. With not having Internet it was very difficult to solve the problems that we faced. We had a major database crashed which caused us to loose about a months worth of data. Should have only been a days worths but didn't work out to be the case. Now to our future....

Were going to be making a move to a new server in the coming weeks. I am in the planning stages now in hopes that the move will go smooth. We might see a 24 hour period where the site will be online/offline for people as the new server comes online (in the coming weeks). With the new server I hope to see less downtime as we will be with a new company and tech support. Once again I do apologize for the hours and days of aggravation people experienced.

Thanks,
Shannon

Ya know, Shannon, for all the inconvienience that you think may have been caused by the site being off-line, I have to tell you honestly- you have one fine thing going on here, and I'm not going anywhere soon.

I poked around some of the other pages just to find out what was going on and, to be honest with you, I didn't much care for the flavor. It feels good around here- informative folks, those really "in-the-know" and a few jokers that give us a laugh or two. Newbies that are more than you think they are and those with "Mater-cred" that are still learning about our sport everytime they log on.

Do what it takes to make all the bells and whistles right, and know that your core audience of knuckleheads are still gonna be here when the dust settles... :)

I also checked out some other sites during the "downtime" but none even come close to what you guys have created. I actually was going through DT's!!!!!:eek: I have met some pretty cool people on here and I plan on going nowhere. Thanks to you and the other mods all us nitro freaks have a place to go and share our experiences and some other things!!!! I look foward to the new things you guys are planning for this site. Keep up the good work.

Shannon, do what you need to do to keep this place running. I'm good with whatever needs to be done to keep it working the way you want.

As far as I'm concerned, you need apologize for NOTHING man. You've been doing the Mater community a great service all these years.

The recent glitches are a product of the internet, and only proved to me how much I value your work here. I want you to know I truly appreciate everything you do.

As we old hippies from the late 60's liked to say,

"Keep on truckin', man!!!!"":D

Ditto to all of the above, Shannon, and no apologies necessary from you, just a big THANK YOU due to you from all of us! I concur with everyone about this being the place I want to reside...I love this place!

And being involved with web design and implementation I fully understand how things that may be originally perceived as something that should take minutes can grow into hours and days with many late nights involved.

Again, thanks for all your hard work, and rest assured most if not all of us are here to stay!

And David, I love the old hippie reference--I know JUST what you mean! And I owe you a pm--sorry for the delay--I just kinda space out sometimes, man, and like wow, sometimes its just like, just wow, man, know what I mean???;)

This is unacceptable. Jus kiddin lol. Thx Shannon for the update! Love Nitromater here!!!

Thanks Shannon ! At least I now know I can survive short term with minor withdrawals !

Thats comforting to know for when I'm off to the mountains and no service of any kind. :)

ST, thanks for the update. And just like eveyone before me here has said - for Goodness sake don't apologize! Just keep up the good work! I keep saying, it's incredible how addicted I am to this place. I should count how many times a day I check in here... even at work (hopefully my employer doesn't see this). TRUST ME: When I get that "Nitromater.com has encountered an error" screen with that wierd looking checkmark icon...... that like totally ruins my day :D

um well thanks, but where do I send my therapy fill for the time I had to spend away from the mater :D

Thank you for the update. You have absolutely no reason to apologize. Life take priority and we are all simply guests on this wonderful site. Thank you for hosting, improving, and maintaining it. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back