insidetopalcohol.com - insidecompracing.com - insidefastbrackets.com update (1 Viewer)

Thrill

Nitro Member
When it rains, it pours...

After successfully upgrading to new servers to alieviate our hacker problems, the remnants of Ike have sidelined our websites again. Our webservers are located in Mason, Ohio, which is a suburb of Cincinnatti. The Cinci area reported wind gusts in excess of 80 mph, which put nearly 350,000 plus people out of power in the area, our servers and the local phone company included.

Our provider, Tranet, switched to generator power, but the T-1 data line feeding our servers had no power. In other words, the mag was good, the coil is bad.

The power is back on at Tranet, but the T-1 is still inactive. Our servers may be temporarily relocated to a data center in Lexington, Ky., but that will entail quite a bit of work, and more downtime, as DNS servers will have to re-update to the new location. The fear is that as soon as we make the physical move, the T-1 will be back online.

I really apologize for the inconvienence. We'll be back up and running ASAP.

ITA-ICR-IFB headquarters here in Deer Park,TX weathered the storm pretty well, but we're still without power there. I'm working out of another house with power/internet. The house had minimal damage other than the wind took out the 30 year old fence and a handfull of shingles...

When it rains, it pours...

After successfully upgrading to new servers to alieviate our hacker problems, the remnants of Ike have sidelined our websites again. Our webservers are located in Mason, Ohio, which is a suburb of Cincinnatti. The Cinci area reported wind gusts in excess of 80 mph, which put nearly 350,000 plus people out of power in the area, our servers and the local phone company included.

Our provider, Tranet, switched to generator power, but the T-1 data line feeding our servers had no power. In other words, the mag was good, the coil is bad.

The power is back on at Tranet, but the T-1 is still inactive. Our servers may be temporarily relocated to a data center in Lexington, Ky., but that will entail quite a bit of work, and more downtime, as DNS servers will have to re-update to the new location. The fear is that as soon as we make the physical move, the T-1 will be back online.

I really apologize for the inconvienence. We'll be back up and running ASAP.

ITA-ICR-IFB headquarters here in Deer Park,TX weathered the storm pretty well, but we're still without power there. I'm working out of another house with power/internet. The house had minimal damage other than the wind took out the 30 year old fence and a handfull of shingles...

Will:

Thanks for the update. Since I wear a moderator hat over there I've been getting emails from people wanting to know what happened to our beloved web site.

Glad to hear you came out of it in one piece.

Randall G.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back