You can help this forum by shopping with Amazon (1 Viewer)

DixonFan

Staff member
Administrator
Today I changed over are advertising program to Amazon Affiliates. First and foremost let me say that I'm a person that believes in transparency. This forum runs on a dedicated server that I lease through Inmotionhosting. The server fees amount to roughly $2500 per year. Sure, I could get something for cheaper, but I wanted a dedicated server so that I have the ability to scale this forum as it grows. This server will handle a huge amount of traffic, and therefore should be able to handle all the load this site generates as it grows.

Anyways, you might wonder how I pay for those server costs. Well, I actually pay for it out of my own pocket, $2500 per year. However, I do manage to offset the cost a bit by using advertising programs. We used to use google adsense. And now we use Amazon affiliate links. If you notice any Amazon.com link on this site, you'll see that it typically ends with a ?tag=nitromater-20 on the end of the URL. This forum software automatically applies that tag to the end of any Amazon URL posted on this site. By visiting one of those Amazon URLs and making a purchase I receive a small (trust me, it's very small) commission off the sale due to it counting as a 'referral link'. If you append that tag to the end of any Amazon URL (whether it's on this forum or not), this site will receive a small commission (the commissions apply to anything purchased on Amazon).

That being said, feel free to bookmark https://www.amazon.com?tag=nitromater-20 (notice the tag after the URL?) and anytime you visit Amazon, you'll be contributing to the forum! I have also setup a marketplace for people to browse and find products that they like. You can find that link here: Marketplace or in the navigation links in the header of this site.

I'm putting this out there because I want people to know that running this forum isn't Free. It was never my intention to try to make money off of this forum. I am just merely trying to recoup some of the money I am out each year.

However, if you do feel like helping the cause I encourage you to visit Amazon through links on this site when you do decide to make a purchase. Sure, the amount of commission I get is usually very, very small (typically around 3%), but every penny of that goes towards the operating costs of this site.

Just thought I would let you guys and gals know!

Thanks for being valued members of Nitromater.
Shannon

My wife could lease three servers with the kick-backs from her Amazon purchaseso_O. If the site receives over $2500, do we get dividend checks at the end of the year:D...j/k. Hope it works out Shannon!

A YES from me! I work for amazon.com and I am a prime member. I've heard great things about this program, people say "it's a no-brainer". Prime membership is another no-brainer, with free 2 day shipping, Prime Video /Movies(with originals like Grand Tour that brings back Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May from Top Gear), Prime Photos/unlimited storage and 20gb of amazon cloud data storage included.
Good move Shannon!

LInk to Jim O's "Top Fuel for Life" and when Bob Wilber's book comes out, a link for that, too. Plus, I am sure there are other racing related books we could put up here.

My wife could lease three servers with the kick-backs from her Amazon purchaseso_O. If the site receives over $2500, do we get dividend checks at the end of the year:D...j/k. Hope it works out Shannon!
I have kicked around an idea for members to earn money by promoting our website and getting new member. If the amazon deal works out I will look into this. :)

Shannon, my wife and daughter are big Amazon buyers, i use there boxes for shipping also. I am not sure what member count is but i would be willing to help with fee each year if it would help the forum to succeed and get bigger and better

Shannon, my wife and daughter are big Amazon buyers, i use there boxes for shipping also. I am not sure what member count is but i would be willing to help with fee each year if it would help the forum to succeed and get bigger and better
Your wife and daughter could help you support our site by including this code ?tag=nitromater-20 in the url or follow the top banner link when they make purchases.

I'm not the biggest Amazon guy in the world, but I'll sure add the tag when I do use it.
Alan

Damn, wish I'd seen this a few days ago because I ordered a couple of things from Amazon. I'll remember next time though!

Also an Amazon user and Prime member. Book marked and all my purchases from now on "moving forward" (I hate that saying), will benefit The Mater.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back