Snake and Mongoose is available (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
In case anyone missed it, I got an email from NHRA with a link to Amazon for "Snake and Mongoose" in both Blu-Ray and DVD. Prices range from 12.95 to 14.95 with shipping around 3.99. Lots of places listed, so find a location closest to you for the quickest delivery with the cheap-o 3.99 shipping. Here's a link that will get you there (I hope) http://www.amazon.com/Snake-Mongoos...1395359727&sr=8-1&keywords=snake+and+mongoose

I just ordered mine...can't wait to see it!

seven months ago was one thing... today?... not going to see it... buy it, or even rent it

I think where the film gets hosed up is the tv announcer with the big mustache. It was hard to take that part of the movie serially. Other than that it's pretty good.

It starts out a little corny. It does tell a great story and with no disrespect, the best part is at the end when they show photos and clips of both drivers throughout the years. I't a bit of a tearjerker and a fine movie. They will never be another Snake and Mongoose!

This place has just about every flik ya ever wanted, you just "must"remember not to click on any of the ads and watch for fast loading full screen adds in the background or in a new tab that tries to make you think you need to download some new update for a media player you probably don't even have. the key is to use google's Torch browser because it has a media button that blinks "Video" if it is downloadable, then just click on it and it downloads to your d-load folder. be sure to be fast with your mouse to click the "X" in the corner so it closes before it has a chance to load. when ya browse through the movies (i do it by the year, its starts at 1920-to-present) they will through an ad page behind yours about every 3 or 4 pages, I use a smaller size window so I can see when they try to pull a fast one. I have downloaded tons of stuff from years past. I think the best one I have saved to disk is one I had not seen since I was a kid is the old 1932 color movie of "The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer". in the newer stuff I got the "Lord Of The Rings" trilogy, even the 2013 movie "The Hobbit" mainly cause the wife likes them, but for me its the stuff like "Thunder Road" about the days of moonshine running when they hop up the cars and then put tanks under the car so they can open a valve to spread oil on the road so the fuzz as they call them spins out and the get away.. LOL guess I'm showing my age.. I got a lot of old Disney stuff like the "Absent Minded Professor", The 1961 version not that newer cra%*&#p they did a few years ago.
Woops Sorry about going on about something other than Drag racing . Did I say I know an Public Domain Archive site where you can find old drag race video > https://archive.org/details/Ingenuit1958

PS heres the link for the Snake N Mongoose
http://viooz.co/movies/23762-snake-and-mongoose-2013.html
The place is called Viooz.co just be aware of the dreaded pop-up!!

coup00-100x44sm.gif

I thought it was extremely well done. Better than I expected. The vintage film was great. Also nice to see Steve Evans, Wally Parks. And
hear Dave McClelland. Also the old "full " tree and dry-hops.

I watched it last night and I hated it. Done really poor. Heart like a wheel is still the number one drag racing film IMHO.

I saw it when it first came out and i thought for a small budget movie it was pretty good. I especially liked the cameos and the photos and clips at the end . It did have a pretty sad moment that would definitely tug at your heart. I'm going to add it to my collection for sure.

I watched it last night and I hated it. Done really poor. Heart like a wheel is still the number one drag racing film IMHO.
Nope... Funny Car Summer... Best drag racing on film, try The Song Remains the Same ('bout a minute or so 3/4 of the way through)

I agree with Karl about Funny Car Summer...I just got my copy back recently from a friend who had had it too long! I watched my new copy of Snake and Mongoose last night. I enjoyed it...especially the archive footage...especially those brief glimpses of Jungle Pam!!! Thought the two young men playing the leads did a great job, especially the young man who played Snake...I thought he did a great job of capturing some of Snake's mannerisms and speech patterns. Overall I thought it was well done and enjoyable...I'm sure I'll watch it several times more.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back