Seattle Race? (1 Viewer)

Thanks all for the tips, and directions. Last time I was in the area was in 68 or 69 so I really don't remember anything but the Space needle. Thanks for the heads up on the weather too, it's going to be pushing 104 here today so water and sun block is standard equipment here glad I now know we will need it there too. We will most likely be staying in Kent and then taking our sweet time getting back to Vegas so we have some time to check out the area. I will definitely take you up on the directions once we finalize where we will be staying.

Thanks Maters!

Dan

hmmm something like 107 out and someone getting sick and needing medical attention. lol
Yeah, I was miserable for a few hours that day. I thought for sure I'd been drinking plenty of fluids so when I started feeling sick I thought I'd overdone it and actually drank too much water. Turns out it wasn't nearly enough.

I can only hope the weather won't be as wicked hot as last year. I felt like I was in Vegas not Seattle. Blech. A/C window unit is going into the house in a couple weeks for this summer. Hopefully next summer we'll be able to afford central air for those handful of nasty hot days here.

But, today, as predicted, it is pouring down rain. We went from upper 80s and sunny to low 70s and thunderstorms yesterday evening in about an hour. Today it's in the mid-60s (I'm back in the office in Kent) and it was pouring down rain again. It'll probably be like this for the next month.

And who knows how it will be race weekend here. Just have to wait and see.

It's always a good time. And being my home track where I saw my first race, Pacific Raceways has a special place in my nitro-lovin' heart. :)

I'll be happy to provide anyone coming to the area guidance. Shoot me a PM. :D

Today it's in the mid-60s (I'm back in the office in Kent) and it was pouring down rain again. It'll probably be like this for the next month.

And who knows how it will be race weekend here. Just have to wait and see.
Geez, don`t start jinxing the weather already Kris, I`ve been going to the Seattle race every year since `97 and only once did it rain out on Sunday (2002 race was called after first round of Pros...it finished up on Mon). The weather will be fine, if it was any other month but July, then I`d be a little worried.

Heh, Chris, don't worry. Funny, in 2002 I was still in Vegas...

Anyway, having grown up here and lived a good bit of my nearly 29 years here, I can say with certainty that summer starts here on July 5 and by the third weekend in July it's in full swing. Last time we had a dreary summer was 1993 between my freshman and sophomore years of high school.

June is like this. It's cold and wet. No worries. The weather shall certainly right itself by race weekend. I promise or else the first round is on me. :D

Rush is playing on Friday night at the near by ampatheater! Also, we are going to be up there doing a diplay on that Thursday for Royal Purple at the NAPA store across the street from ikea near Renton and possibly on the Midway during the race. We're still working on that.

Sounds good Rich - I think that's really close to where I'm staying (north Kent near the 167). Is this the Ikea you're talking about? Sounds like it's really close and easy to get to - I'll drop in on my way in from the airport.

Really about the Rush concert? What nearby ampitheatre is that? I wonder if we'll see Wilber from team CSK there.

If you want to experience "REAL Seattle area traffic", go to the White River ampitheatre. Good gawd, its unbearable!

You would have to REALLY like who is playing there. Hey, don't let me stop you, though. Rush is a really great band.

Rush is playing on Friday night at the near by ampatheater! Also, we are going to be up there doing a diplay on that Thursday for Royal Purple at the NAPA store across the street from ikea near Renton and possibly on the Midway during the race. We're still working on that.

Doug; yes that is the Ikea. Only one in western Washington (that I know of).
I'm pretty sure that Bob Wilbur has to work Fri. night! HAHAHA I believe he's going to Atlanta for the tour's 1st show plus I'm sure that he'll catch others that don't conflict w/racing!
My lady is catching the 3rd show, Tampa, next weekend. Then she's up here for our race then Rush had to schedule shows in Seattle (Auburn) & Portland (Vancouver, Wa) for Fri & Sat night!!!:mad::mad::mad:
I truly hate giving up Fri night qualifying!!!!!!!!

Rich; too bad about the NAPA event on the race weekend. Our Camaro Club was gonna do a display there this year but since several of us will be @ SIR, er PR, it'll have to wait till next year. :(

If you want to experience "REAL Seattle area traffic", go to the White River ampitheatre. Good gawd, its unbearable!

You would have to REALLY like who is playing there. Hey, don't let me stop you, though. Rush is a really great band.

Mark, I guess I kinda like Rush! This is about the 10th time I've seen them. Also have the Rush script from Hemispheres tatooed on my arm.

You are 100% correct on the traffic around White River!!!!! Thankfully, our favorite local reporter has reminded me about some short-cuts!;);)
Thanks KH; PM's not working!:):)

PM's not working? Eee!

Well, yes, again, like the track, don't take the standard directions offered by the venue web site to get to White River Amphitheater. You can drive through Maple Valley to get to Rush on Friday night from the track (heck, come to my house, I'll drive you the rest of the way!).

Or you can drive your car to the SuperMall, which is not too far from SR 18 (head west and get off at the SuperMall exit) and about 10 minutes from the track, park your car near Red Robin and hop on a school bus (they call it a shuttle, ha ha) out to the amphitheater.

Your traffic headaches are solved. :D

Email is [email protected]. Goes straight to my shiny new BlackBerry. Don't y'all remember, I posted from my old BB while I was at the fall race in Vegas. ;)

Thanks Kris. I did get your PM but I wasn't able to send you one! D'OH!!!

RE: Fri night; won't you be @ the track?
I had been giving some serious thought to doing the shuttle. Do you know, do you have to buy a shuttle tix in advance or can ya just show up & pay there @ the Stupermall?

Thanks! :):):)

Hmm, good point, I will probably be at the track when the show starts. I only stayed for the first round of qualifying last year because somebody had to go home and feed the dogs.

Last time I took the shuttle, it was free. :D

I think that's why they use school buses. ;)

But that's part of why I like it. No muss, no fuss, because even if you avoid the traffic heading in when the show is over you still have to fight your way out. Coming from the track, the shuttle makes total sense, especially since the SuperMall is also very close to SR 167 if you need to get north or south quickly.

Too bad they don't have shuttles to the track for races. That would be a good idea. There's plenty of room at the track for people to park but man, the walk to and from your car (I don't always get a media parking pass) is wicked.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back