SDBA Waco Photos (1 Viewer)

dragboatphoto

Nitro Member
I was hesitating on putting these up because they contain photos of all the accidents from the weekend. But since other people have already put some up and it appears everybody will be ok in time. We are hoping for a full and speedy recovery for both Tim Stokes and James Ray who crashed in there top alcohol hydros, they are still both in the hospital recovering from there injuries both crashes were very very violent and SDBA Rescue team did a marvelous job on the recovery efforts. In both incidents they were on the move well before the capsule hit the water.

With all that said Waco Photos are now online and videos are on the way. Here is a link: Untitled

Great shots, Mike! I love that big bad blown Boss 9 Pro Mod from Missouri... what a great combination. You comin' to OKC this year?

IMG_6148.jpg

Mike thanks for posting those, who crashed? And where are the Dragboat results anymore? I went to IHBAracing.com and they don't have squat! I went there after Phx and didn't find a thing.

Hi all thanks for the comments, on saturday James Ray crashed his TAH and Tim Stokes crashed his TAH on sunday. Both very very very nasty crashes you can see the videos if you want to here SDBA Duel on the Brazos Videos 2007 (videos 36 and 39)

I get my results from the forum at Drag Boat Racing they were doing live round by round updates from PHX updated almost instantly.

Joe, you coming to OKC this year since you skipped last year? Ill be there for sure.

SDBA 2007 TENATIVE RACE SCHEDULE

April *27, 28 & 29 Waco, Texas - Duel On The Brazos

June 2 & 3 Brady - Heart Of Texas Thunder

June 16 & 17 Lubbock, Tx (Buffalo Springs Lake)

June 30 & July 1 - Showdown in San Angelo,Tx -(Lake Nasworthy)

July *13, 14 & 15 - Bricktown Nationals
August 4 & 5 Ft. Worth - Cowtown Nationals

September 1 & 2 - Waco, Texas

Mike thanks for those Streams, Tim Stokes had to be Hurt bad in his! That Boat just stabbed the Water! OKC I doubt, just too Damn Hot that Time of year!:confused:

Tim is currently in Austin in ICU hes in rough shape and will take some certainly. Had surgery on his ankle and will be in a back brace deal for quite some time due to a severe back injury...amongst other things. Ill try to keep it updated.

And yes he hit very very hard.

What gets me is he lifted the second the bost started Bouncing and still ended up Badly Hurt! You take your life in your own hands in that sport that's for sure!

Hey i have a question, im planning on going to my first drag boat race towards the end of this month. I want to shoot pictures, and since ive never been before how big of a lens should i bring? I have one that goes to 300, will that work fine?

300 was too much for me this weekend but definately works. If had to choose any lens I would use a 100-400 because sometimes 300 is no where near enough and sometimes 300 is wayyyyy to much. Just my observation.
Are you going to Red Bluff? You miiiiight need a little bit more than 300 for that race.

Yea Red Bluff, never been to a drag boat race so i dont know how close the boats are to the shore...thanks tho, ill try to work with what i got...

This from RFC Craig:

Please pray for Tim Stokes and James Ray, both are driver owners of Top Alcohol Hydro boats that crashed this weekend in Waco TX. Both crashes can be seen on Videos
then go to Waco videos

James is already home recovering from a broken wrist, 3 broken rips, broken shoulder and several cuts and bruises.
Tim will go home tomorrow from Breckenridge Hospital in Austin.
Tim required surgery for his broken ankle, which took 3 pins. He also has 3 broken ribs, fractured sternum, and 3 compressed fractured vertebras. Visited him yesterday in Austin and he and wife Beverly are doing very well considering what they have both been through.
Please pray for a speedy recovery, safe and comfortable trip back to OK and for financial blessing during this time.
Thank you very much and may God richly bless you.
Craig

This from RFC Craig:

Please pray for Tim Stokes and James Ray, both are driver owners of Top Alcohol Hydro boats that crashed this weekend in Waco TX. Both crashes can be seen on Videos
then go to Waco videos

James is already home recovering from a broken wrist, 3 broken rips, broken shoulder and several cuts and bruises.
Tim will go home tomorrow from Breckenridge Hospital in Austin.
Tim required surgery for his broken ankle, which took 3 pins. He also has 3 broken ribs, fractured sternum, and 3 compressed fractured vertebras. Visited him yesterday in Austin and he and wife Beverly are doing very well considering what they have both been through.
Please pray for a speedy recovery, safe and comfortable trip back to OK and for financial blessing during this time.
Thank you very much and may God richly bless you.
Craig

Tim's lucky considering how hard he impacted the Water! James' seemed prett easy on the video, the boat looked like it skipped the water like a rock. It does look deceiving!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back