Schumacher DQ?? (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

good thing nhra is not mainstream,
otherwise espn mite be talking about this:rolleyes:
sure is an odd time to make a judgement call.
spend all year hyping your new points, 2nd to last race of year,
semi-finals of one of three big money bonus races, and then this?

does anyone know how schumacher's passing of scale was
brought to nhra's attention? by another team? nhra themselves?
if 100% of cars have NOT been weighed in the past, why
this strict ruling?

this strict ruling?

because if it was shoe vs Rod I would have clicked off the audiocast...ask WWE, you can't have 2 bad guys fighting for the belt... don't ask me when it happened, I just get the impression that Rod is one of the "bad Guys" in NHRA's promo Eyes.... at least since he '*itched' about the reset... and if Princess, Melanie and Phil go out in round 2, I'll probably not even turn on the tube tonight...

this strict ruling?

The Scale house has a log book, and all weights are entered. After all of a class has been weighed the tower is called with the cars that did not scale. If one is brought in they all are or visa versa.

The Scale house has a log book, and all weights are entered. After all of a class has been weighed the tower is called with the cars that did not scale. If one is brought in they all are or visa versa.

So, did all T/F cars scale after round 4 qualifying???? or did all the qualifying losers skip the scales? And is the 'Shoot Out" an Official race? Or can we have it both ways?

Note: I'm a Melanie fan and while I Respect Tony, I am not a Team U.S. Army or Tony S. fan...

So, did all T/F cars scale after round 4 qualifying???? or did all the qualifying losers skip the scales? And is the 'Shoot Out" an Official race? Or can we have it both ways?

Note: I'm a Melanie fan and while I Respect Tony, I am not a Team U.S. Army or Tony S. fan...

I haven't been a fan of Tony or even had much respect for him since the incident last year in Pomona.

I'm just personally PISSED OFF that this had to happen at Technicoat's debut sponsorship kickoff race. Two guys - that yes, I actually do know personally - Bob & Glen Coffman, here they are...a new company coming to racing, dumping substantial money into the sport, taking the plunge to really step up thier involvement and support this season... and this has to friggin happen. Unbelievable.

I don't think this reflects badly on the Technicoat guys at all and they have been around the sport a long time so they have seen worse before. The only thing Tony did wrong if one simply must find fault somewhere is he didn't make the NHRA official tell him plainly that he was free to go back to the pits without weighing. That being said there is no statement in the rule book that says you must weigh after each run. Not specifically. It is just understood that you report to the scale and let them tell you. We all have historically stopped because we don't want to risk the run not counting. As far as I know the rule book states what the car must weigh after the run but doesn't provide for a method of pruving/dispruving in in T/F. It is left to assumption that you wil stop at the scale after each run. I'll bet the rule book will be changed.

Wow I must say I logve the jabs Tony took at the countdown both during the telecast and int he 1320 interview. I had given up watching the qualifying show due to all the countdown talk but happened to flip back just as this went down.

I always thought that if you win a round or improve in qualifying then you stop. I was not aware that they could let people pass it. Even so,unless someone is out there waving you by I would think that you stop. Instead of waiting for someone to wave you in. At first look it appears the team just messed up.

Listening to Tony's comments though about Cory getting a warning, if thats true, then favorites are being played or outcomes being set and thats not right

I have major problems with what Tony Schumacher said. I did lose a lot of respect for him this weekend.

I'm glad that Morgan Lucas didn't get out of the car and in his interview tell Gary Gerould how his car just "whopped Tony's butt" and how they "completely outran them."

That to me showed class that a champion didn't have.

It's funny. He jabbed at his own teammate, and then at his former teammate.

Then his former teammate's teammate took him out.

It was a proud moment for me.

Typically, the people working the scales radio in to the tower when all the cars from a particular class have cleared the scales. At the time, they usually also give a list of all who bypassed the scales.

Jim

Another thing being overlooked here is the fact that the NHRA is ALWAYS rushing the teams for the next round. You have a VERY short amount of time to get ready for the next round. With $100,000 on the line you don't have a lot of time to mess around waiting for anything. If they want you to weigh (or not) they also bear some amount of responsability to communicate and work with you. I'm NOT saying the team was completely right, but they are not completely wrong. Especially in the sense that they had been proven to be 40LBS over the minimum for the whole event up to that point. I know them and they don't run that heavy unless there is no choice. The additional 25 lbs added this year has made it virtually impossible to be at the minimum for just about anyone except Hillary (maybe her too). Tony is small but not that small. I have owned ex-Shumacher cars and I can tell you they are light but not that light. They new he was legal weight and simply made too much of something that happens all the time. You see the sun come up in the east and set in the west enough times, pretty soon you begin to believe in it. I'm betting the car was legal weight.

I'm glad that Morgan Lucas didn't get out of the car and in his interview tell .

well there was no worry of that, unless you were in the countdown or a Force you could not get interviewed yesterday. Doug made the finals then they finally decided to talk with him

I'm just personally PISSED OFF that this had to happen at Technicoat's debut sponsorship kickoff race. Two guys - that yes, I actually do know personally - Bob & Glen Coffman, here they are...a new company coming to racing, dumping substantial money into the sport, taking the plunge to really step up thier involvement and support this season... and this has to friggin happen. Unbelievable.

Ummmmmm...............Chris............It is BOB COFFMAN & GLEN WILLIAMS!!!

There is no bad reflection whatsoever on Technicoat. They handed out the money and a very nice trophy! That's it!!!:D

I must say that there is a very warm cuddly feeling in my bosom ever since I saw the shootout. Sometimes you just don't have to do a darn thing!

Way to go team Kalitta!!! :D

Uh, yeah. Those two. :eek: But SuzieO....can you imagine... if a K-car had won it? Ho-lee-crap!! Hopefully next year. So good; that gives the beer stores in the area time to stock up!

I was thinking about the comment made by "The Sarge":rolleyes: about that car (Melanie) has no business being in this event. I wonder how Evan Knoll feels hearing that about a car he sponsors? Especially from another driver that Evan Knoll sponsors.
Tony sounded like a little spoiled brat on National TV. I was embarassed for the sport to have the current Champion up there dis-respecting his competiton like that.
..........Listening to Tony's comments though about Cory getting a warning, if thats true, then favorites are being played or outcomes being set and thats not right
Tony got away with one at last years finals, he has no room to bitch!

Last edited:
Man - some of you people REALLY live in the past tooooooo long.
I bet your personal lives are horrible if you treat them the same way - hopefully you just live vicariously through the internet that way though.

Otherwise - I say - spend the money to put in 2 sets of scales at the NHRA ran events, and weigh them all after every run. Modify the system like it works for the truckers that weigh on the interstate. It takes them rolling over the scales and never even stopping.

Money? Yupper - but hey - doesn't HDP have that?

Even if someone is testing - they shouldn't have reason to test underweight, they aren't going to run underweight, right? :)

DLB

Tony didn't get away with squat last year, people need to quit crying over it. And 2 wrongs don't make a right.
You know damn well he got away with one. If Buster would have been replaced with another Buster, Tony would have been sent packing for not obeying the Chief Starter..............Rick Stewart was a joke................ yeah, he got a free pass.

You are exactly right about this Brent, 2 wrongs don't make a right. If indeed it is a fact that Cory only got a warning when he went by the scales, there is a double standard playing out in the enforcement of the rules. Rules are rules, they should all be enforced to the rule or changed. However, with that being said, Tony still should have kept composure of his self on national TV.

To clear up any confusion on this topic the NHRA has stated that the winner of round one must weigh at the scales after the round. Round two the crew chief must promise they are still legal. Round three the crew chief and two team members must state they cross their hearts and hope to die if they are not legal. A finals win requires the owner of the team to swear on his mothers life they are legal. This should clear up any confusion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back