Schumacher DQ?? (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

I was thinking about the comment made by "The Sarge":rolleyes: about that car (Melanie) has no business being in this event. I wonder how Evan Knoll feels hearing that about a car he sponsors? Especially from another driver that Evan Knoll sponsors.

I was thinking about the comment made by "The Sarge":rolleyes: about that car (Melanie) has no business being in this event. I wonder how Evan Knoll feels hearing that about a car he sponsors? Especially from another driver that Evan Knoll sponsors.
I wonder how Evan feels about his crew members falsely accusing Schumacher's team of playing with the weight? 5:05 in the vid: 1320 TV

First, let's all understand that a competitor often wins a race and passes the scales or fuel check at the discretion of the NHRA based upon circumstances. Winners often catch fire and burn weight off, bodies blow off or break off in the sand, and even time constraints have given the sanctioning body the green light to send a competitor directly back to the pit without the post race regimen. That being said, these circumstances were as competitive as the race itself tomorrow, given the $100 Grand at stake. I'm just a caveman but even I know you don't miss the scale after a round win on your way to the big prize.

On another note, if this sanctioning body really had grit, Tony would have been docked a large sum of money and even points for openly and publicly slamming the hand that's been feeding him for such a long time. The roundy-round officials would have also invited him into the trailer to learn, first-hand of his impending penalties whereas the NHRA just seems to stand there and take it on the chin like a little-league organization. Yeah, kinda like ignoring the head starter last year at Pomona. (no Paul, we won't get over it as long as we can remember the look on Doug's face after it.)

Oh, and Mr. Labs, to answer your question, the rev-limiter time and again.

To Quote Tony Schumacher from the 1320tv interview....

"Well ain't that a .... Ain't that a.... you know what.."

Tony...Your team was DQed out of 100K....I think we'd all be ok if you said..

"WELL, AIN'T THAT ABOUT A BEEAATCCHH!!!" ;)

I've said it many times, folks, there is a reason the work KARMA starts with the word "CAR".

Tough break Tony, now man up and go back to work. :rolleyes:

A simple solution to this problem is to weigh ALL cars if they win a round or improve their ET. The selective weighing of cars is a bunch of BS.

A simple solution to this problem is to weigh ALL cars if they win a round or improve their ET. The selective weighing of cars is a bunch of BS.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but, for a round win, do they not collect 20 points? Did Shoe get 20 points for a round win then get them taken away too? Also, did not improve on their ET since they had run a .48 before. I think a case can be made both ways, the rules are not that clear.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but, for a round win, do they not collect 20 points? Did Shoe get 20 points for a round win then get them taken away too? Also, did not improve on their ET since they had run a .48 before. I think a case can be made both ways, the rules are not that clear.
Was in the shoot-out, not the race. So no points were awarded for a round win anyway.

light or no light, hand wave or no hand wave, bottom line- you win you weigh! i think the shumachers can stop crying now. the went pass the scale period! they didnt cry when they dis-obeyed rick stewarts shut off sign last year , and didnt get thrown out like they should have! call it karma :cool:

Man get over it! I know some of the Kalitta camp, after the race last year I went to go down and see them, all they could say is "Alan's the man" Yes they were heart broken, but they didn't piss and moan like you do nearly a year on, here let me build a bridge, so you can get over it geeezus!

Man get over it! I know some of the Kalitta camp, after the race last year I went to go down and see them, all they could say is "Alan's the man" Yes they were heart broken, but they didn't piss and moan like you do nearly a year on, here let me build a bridge, so you can get over it geeezus!

micheal, it shows your a big dsr fan. my point is that it was alright to dis obey ricks shut off signal, that was alright , but now when something goes against them the cry. YOU CAN HAVE IT BOTH WAYS MICHAEL! if it happened the other way around , id be building you a bridge, get a clue!

Last year at the World Finals they ignore a direct order from an NHRA Official. Now they ignore the rule to go to the scales. Makes a person wonder, what other rules are they ignoring?

If they are upset with the DQ, and they scoff at NHRA's decision, maybe they should find somewhere else to race. Bottom line, it's NHRA's ballpark and NHRA makes the rules. Follow the rules and you won't get DQ'ed.

You call Rick's orders direct? Give me a break!!!! Now if Buster was still around he would have had it shut off. Rick's half assed just like half the fools in head office! Who remembers Rick smoking on the startline? Yeah that's a man who knows how to do his job!!! And Dave get your ears checked, the team waited for them down the top end, and they got flagged away. You can come up with crap suggesting they may be doing other things, but Alan Johnson is way too classy to play those games! Keep on hating!!!!

No.... easiest solution is weigh them all.. win or loose.. advance or not in quailifing...

Sorry but to me it made some of the funniest tv i have ever seen in a while....lol i kept waiting to hear one of the Shoes scream "we skipped the scales before and you didn't mind .. why now?".. GL trying to look like a REAL official was pretty funny too..... cracked me up they let the tv cameras catch it all.... GL.. looked at it a couple times and seemed to think i wished you guys weren't here...lol....

Billy

micheal, it shows your a big dsr fan. my point is that it was alright to dis obey ricks shut off signal, that was alright , but now when something goes against them the cry. YOU CAN HAVE IT BOTH WAYS MICHAEL! if it happened the other way around , id be building you a bridge, get a clue!

Jeff,

Sadly I lost my favourite racer back in 96. I follow the Army car because of Alan Johnson. I happen to like the Kalitta team also, and had they have won it last year, believe me I would have been = as happy! I don't have a real favourite out there other then AJ and my buddy Troy Buff, who will return soon! Rick's BS on the start line was half assed!

micheal i cant disagree, alan johnson is THE MAN! the best period. but we can see each others point. no need for us to go back and forth, and yes r.i.p blaine. enjoy the race today. jeff.

Weighing everyone, both winners and losers is not practical. The traffic jam is huge down there now at times. NHRA's mandate for quicker turn-arounds just won't allow it.

This rule has been in place since the 70's I believe, and the 3-time Top Fuel Champ's team can't figure this out? Just because they screwed up doesn't mean the rule needs to be changed. We've lived without a redlight/greenlight all these many years; they don't need one now.

The only thing that surprises me is that there appeared to be only one person working the scales. And he was inside the booth. At Pomona, there are normally 5+ down there (under E-Z ups). Simple fix is for an official to be stationed in front of the scales either waving the tow vehicle by or instructing them to come in. I've seen that many times towing back over the years, at least at Pomona.

micheal i cant disagree, alan johnson is THE MAN! the best period. but we can see each others point. no need for us to go back and forth, and yes r.i.p blaine. enjoy the race today. jeff.

I agree Jeff. And you too, I just wish the race would hurry and start, that first RD is going to be awesome!

First of all let me state that I am not taking sides on this matter. I am just observing.

I see here a lot of quotes that partly and in some cases don't apply in this situation. That being said, someone needs to point out the exact page number and paragraph in the CURRENT NHRA rule book that incriminates Shumacher for the action he took following this specific run.

I have both the current rule book and the current NHRA Competition Policies and Procedures Manual, 2007 Professional Edition and I can tell you this subject is not specifically addressed in the manner it is being portrayed.

Here is some food for thought using just one example: In TAD where you have specifically a weight per cubic inch specification the class discription states, and I quote "Cars are weighed at conclusion of run, including driver." In T/F it states "Minimum weight at conclusion of run: 2,250 pounds, including driver."

I personally have been waved by the scales and the fuel check station after a winning run many times over the years.

This was totally a judgement call, and a damn poor one at that, which determined who would proceed to the next round.

Someone needs to point out where in the rule book there is a provision that reinstates the opponent if the winning car either bypasses the scale OR fails to meet the minimum weight requirement.

IF and I repeat a big IF, Shumacher was in violation of the rule(s), Fuller should have singled for the win. But that wouldn't have made for a good show right?

Fire away!

I'm suprised no-one has mentioned Tony's comments while in the Tower. "You want the countdown? THIS is the countdown! They can pick whoever they want to win!" Guess they didnt pick you this time Tony....:p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back