Schumacher DQ?? (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

There is no light. Reif said there was one last year but it's gone this year. And nobody knows for sure if Melanie's car was under weight because she didn't have to run across the scale since she lost. Tony said they've been right at 40 lbs over and I'm sure Mel was above the minimum also but it makes no sense how one car can be disqualified for not weighing and then a car that didn't weigh can be put back into competition.

Mel lost.

Why weigh her?

During eliminations, if say a violation was evident, and the winning car was DNQ'd...............but was weighed before that particular violation was found.........

Would the loser be reinstated..........even if they had lost and passed the scales?

REX

light or no light, hand wave or no hand wave, bottom line- you win you weigh! i think the shumachers can stop crying now. the went pass the scale period! they didnt cry when they dis-obeyed rick stewarts shut off sign last year , and didnt get thrown out like they should have! call it karma :cool:

Connie and Doug did not piss and moan last year.

light or no light, hand wave or no hand wave, bottom line- you win you weigh! i think the shumachers can stop crying now. the went pass the scale period! they didnt cry when they dis-obeyed rick stewarts shut off sign last year , and didnt get thrown out like they should have! call it karma :cool:

I believe its NHRA's own fault for not enforcing the rule...they let so many bypass the scales, every car should be weighed no matter what. I think both were at fault in this case and what would have happened if Troxel won? How pissed off would Hot Rod have been that she got to come back and make the run without being weighed? And you all know he would have made a big fuss about it. Hopefully everyone learns a valuable lesson from this!

I would say that AJ & Tony owe "The Don" 100k for that small oversight. You win, you weigh it. That's something that an 8 year old jr. dragster kid knows. Then to cry about it, go figure.

KS

Fair enough. They should have scaled, but it also appears there is inconsistancy on NHRA's behalf of not scaling all the cars all the time.

I think you and the DSR haters can stop crying about '06 now.
Deal?

A couple weeks ago "The SARGE":rolleyes:

Was letting everyone know that Fuller should suck it up and shut up about the resetting of the points.

That they earned their spot and their berth.

All of a sudden the rules when not in their favor are wrong, while it DOES seem that they should have weighed. they were responsible.

Dunn said it also near the end of the broadcast.

But i still think that Mel had no obligation to weigh........she lost.

Time for a poll:eek::D

REX

Dead on with that comment, especially about last year's deal. Tony kept saying how embarassing it was, the only thing that should have been embarassing was the way they cried about it. 100 grand or not, it was just a stupid mistake. Take a moment to find your freakin' bollocks and take it on the chin like a man.

A couple weeks ago "The SARGE":rolleyes:

Was letting everyone know that Fuller should suck it up and shut up about the resetting of the points.

That they earned their spot and their berth.

All of a sudden the rules when not in their favor are wrong, while it DOES seem that they should have weighed. they were responsible.

Dunn said it also near the end of the broadcast.

But i still think that Mel had no obligation to weigh........she lost.
Time for a poll:eek::D

REX

Your right she lost...so she shouldnt have been racing in the final.

Great post Jeff. I like the karma point. Tony and the team really got away with one last year, and this is payback.

Hmmmm.........you have never seen a car reinstated??????

Gimmie a break.

REX

Oh I agree with it...but thats where NHRA should make changes for this very reason....EVERY car should be weighed to eliminate any problems such as what happened earlier and if for some reason the winner is DQ'd then the losser can come in knowing that they've weighed in and there wont be any questions because we all know, like I said earlier, there would have been even more drama had Troxel won. Even Dunn said himself that Fuller should of had a bye run.

Well - Sarge and AJ were PISSED! Conspiracy? Dim Bulb and Shoe arguing live! Light backpedaling as fast as he can - :mad:
Mike says Hot Rod should single for the $100K - unbelieveable!
If the other car dq's I can see letting it be a single run.

Last year at the World Finals they ignore a direct order from an NHRA Official. Now they ignore the rule to go to the scales. Makes a person wonder, what other rules are they ignoring?

If they are upset with the DQ, and they scoff at NHRA's decision, maybe they should find somewhere else to race. Bottom line, it's NHRA's ballpark and NHRA makes the rules. Follow the rules and you won't get DQ'ed.

The rule states "Under no circumstances may a competitor reject scaling his/her vehicle or fuel check. Any competitor who runs quicker than any of his/her previous runs during the event in Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock, Pro Stock Motorcycle, Top Alcohol Dragster, Top Alcohol Funny car, Comp, Super Stock, or Stock and fails to report to post-run inspection (scales or fuel check) will be disqualified from the event. The event will be charged aganst the competitor's points events with a zero (0) point counting toward the driver's claimed races."

So I dont see why he got DQ'd....he didnt make a quicker run then the previous session. He ran a 4.48 in round 2 and a 4.50 when he ran Troxel.

Here is the deal I've got with it. That pass was a SPECIALTY RACE, but It was also Q-4 for those 4 cars left in the techinicoat shootout. BY RULE, AFTER ANY QUALIFYING ATTEMPT, IF YOU IMPROVE YOUR ET, YOU MUST STOP BY THE SCALES TO VERIFY WEIGHT, OR THE RUN WILL BE DISSALLOWED. According to that rule, Melenie Troxel's team should not have been permitted to get the win light. It should have been a Single for Hot Rod...(WHo I picked for the shootout btw...).

I have not seen the telecast, cause I went to Jimmy Buffett's Concert. AWESOME SHOW!! FINS..AND PARROT HEADS AS FAR AS I COULD SEE!!

Timmah!

Last edited:
I thought the rule was, if you won a round you had to weigh in. Since it was a race/qualifying, they should have scaled the car. :confused:

Rapid

Bruce, I posted that... then quickly deleted it. You type faster than I can delete.

I thought the rule was, if you won a round you had to weigh in. Since it was a race/qualifying, they should have scaled the car. :confused:

Rapid

I don't think there is anything in the rule book about specialty races? Interpretation is the error here.... Is it a Q-4 Run...Or Elimination Run???? It makes a difference!

Sounds to me like NHRA is gettin a bit too POLITICAL and that needs fixin! Gotta think, unfortunatly that the HD Partners group might complecate that..

Timmah!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back