Scelzi Is Back At It ... (1 Viewer)

I have said it before and I'll say it again ... if you shut the scoreboards off, very few people, and even fewer fans would be able to tell the difference between a top fuel 4.95 run at 305 than a run at 4.60 at 320.

I am NOT endorsing slowing the cars down or going back to the quarter mile ... I am just saying it is not wise to solely go by numbers.

Well George, I am finding hard to see your point. AJ and I are really good friends and the reason Tony said that was because AJ's car was so fast it hit the rev limiter before almost anybody else and then didn't run as hard after that. So I could see him getting excited about the 1000' rule change. He did however win what, 6 Championships in the 7 years before that during the 1/4 mile era??

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I respect that, so what do you want to see? Give me your answers or opinions/solutions to these questions:

Is it OK to have Alcohol Funny Cars run within a 1/10 or 2 of the Fuel Cars (assuming we go back to a 1/4 mile and run 4.90-5.10) and maybe out run some of the back of the field cars at small field events?

Does NHRA slow the Alcohol cars down to keep the disparity between the classes? and do the already shrinking Alcohol fields shrivel up and die because of the added expense to do so?

I never said an independent couldn't win back in the mid 90's I said it was highly unlikely. And we did win in 96 with Paul Smith at Reading. You said it wasn't happening now. How about Bob Bode winning in Brainerd in 2010? Did you forget about that?

There are a lot of Nostalgia races within an hour or so of major populations. Didn't they race in Epping?

Are you going to be happy watching Funny Cars run between 5.00-5.20 at 285-300mph? Remember that's the same as us running 4.30-4.50.

What do you do to slow them down so that everybody is happy? I have kind of proven that the restrictor plate doesn't really work. No matter what you do the crew chiefs will figure out how to go faster. I ran a 5.07 at 303 mph with an old body, a 4 disc clutch and the old cross shaft style clutch management, no ignition managemnt and a 48 gallon fuel pump back in 1996...with a crappy (by today's standards) supercharger and Mallory point style weak mags, so the fuel pump and probably single mag deal are not going to help much.

Do you agree that most of our tracks are too short for 320 plus mph 1/4 mile runs?

Do you know that according to our computer on our best run of 316mph at Reading last year, at the 1320 mark we were only running 265mph and rapidly slowing? How is "slowing the cars down" to 300 mph, which is going 35mph faster at that exact same point going to make it safer than it is now?

Don't get me wrong, I still love 1/4 mile racing but the Pro's out way the Cons and with current tire technology and the length of most of our tracks unless they slow us way down, it is not going to be safer (see post above) and in my opinion, way less exciting.

Maybe we should just run like the Super classes and make the dial in 4.90 for FC and 4.70 for Top Fuel cause that's what you are asking for...count me out if that's what you want to see!!

Personally I don't see a reasonable way to go back to a 1/4 mile even though I agree with the "history" of drag racing. Times change and we adapt. And by no means am I trying to pick on anybody or discourage your views but you don't have to like it but we should still support our sport and NHRA. Let's face it, in no other form of motorsports can you meet and talk to the drivers and crew guys and stand at the ropes and watch them work on the car and get a nose full of nitro. And if missing out on 7/10th of a second of racing ruins it for you then who am I to tell you that you are wrong.

If you don't like it, don't watch it, don't talk trash about it and just move on to Women's Volleyball! Lol..just kidding...kind of :)

Last edited:
I have said it before and I'll say it again ... if you shut the scoreboards off, very few people, and even fewer fans would be able to tell the difference between a top fuel 4.95 run at 305 than a run at 4.60 at 320.

I am NOT endorsing slowing the cars down or going back to the quarter mile ... I am just saying it is not wise to solely go by numbers.

I kind of agree with you Chris but can you honestly tell me that a good Funny Car run looks just as fast to you as a good Top Fuel run? They are only 2 and a half to 3 tenths of a second apart but to me the Top Fuel car looks way faster and obviously is. I always said that if NHRA had just added 7/10ths of a second to the ET that flashed up on the scoreboard when they went to 1000' racing, the majority (certainly NOT the people from the 'mater lol) of the fans wouldn't have known the difference.

I kind of agree with you Chris but can you honestly tell me that a good Funny Car run looks just as fast to you as a good Top Fuel run? They are only 2 and a half to 3 tenths of a second apart but to me the Top Fuel car looks way faster and obviously is. I always said that if NHRA had just added 7/10ths of a second to the ET that flashed up on the scoreboard when they went to 1000' racing, the majority (certainly NOT the people from the 'mater lol) of the fans wouldn't have known the difference.

Top Fuel does look faster than Funny Car ... but I think a lot of it is an optical trick because the cars are longer and have a smaller profile. Funny Cars also have a tendency to "dance" down the track ... whereas Top Fuel cars have more of a tendency to go right down broadway.

Well George, I am finding hard to see your point. AJ and I are really good friends and the reason Tony said that was because AJ's car was so fast it hit the rev limiter before almost anybody else and then didn't run as hard after that. So I could see him getting excited about the 1000' rule change. He did however win what, 6 Championships in the 7 years before that during the 1/4 mile era??

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I respect that, so what do you want to see? Give me your answers or opinions/solutions to these questions:

Is it OK to have Alcohol Funny Cars run within a 1/10 or 2 of the Fuel Cars (assuming we go back to a 1/4 mile and run 4.90-5.10) and maybe out run some of the back of the field cars at small field events?

Does NHRA slow the Alcohol cars down to keep the disparity between the classes? and do the already shrinking Alcohol fields shrivel up and die because of the added expense to do so?

I never said an independent couldn't win back in the mid 90's I said it was highly unlikely. And we did win in 96 with Paul Smith at Reading. You said it wasn't happening now. How about Bob Bode winning in Brainerd in 2010? Did you forget about that?

There are a lot of Nostalgia races within an hour or so of major populations. Didn't they race in Epping?

Are you going to be happy watching Funny Cars run between 5.00-5.20 at 285-300mph? Remember that's the same as us running 4.30-4.50.

What do you do to slow them down so that everybody is happy? I have kind of proven that the restrictor plate doesn't really work. No matter what you do the crew chiefs will figure out how to go faster. I ran a 5.07 at 303 mph with an old body, a 4 disc clutch and the old cross shaft style clutch management, no ignition managemnt and a 48 gallon fuel pump back in 1996...with a crappy (by today's standards) supercharger and Mallory point style weak mags, so the fuel pump and probably single mag deal are not going to help much.

Do you agree that most of our tracks are too short for 320 plus mph 1/4 mile runs?

Do you know that according to our computer on our best run of 316mph at Reading last year, at the 1320 mark we were only running 265mph and rapidly slowing? How is "slowing the cars down" to 300 mph, which is going 35mph faster at that exact same point going to make it safer than it is now?

Don't get me wrong, I still love 1/4 mile racing but the Pro's out way the Cons and with current tire technology and the length of most of our tracks unless they slow us way down, it is not going to be safer (see post above) and in my opinion, way less exciting.

Maybe we should just run like the Super classes and make the dial in 4.90 for FC and 4.70 for Top Fuel cause that's what you are asking for...count me out if that's what you want to see!!

Jeff, this is going to be a long one, so please bear with me. These are simply my opinions.
If you are having a hard time seeing my point, you might want to start by considering what everyone else is saying about the negatives of 1,000' racing as a genuine concern for the growth of the NHRA in the future.

First, and foremost, I want to see the NHRA succeed.
As a business person, I always look at least 5-10 years down the line to make the correct business decisions today in preparation for my future plans in 5-10 years down the line. Pro-active thinking. Not always accurate, but essential if you are serious about success.

Mistake 1. When the NHRA should have been pro-active like Nascar was with their on going development of their unpopular speed decreasing technology back in the 90's, the NHRA simple restricted gear ratios. They were full steam ahead and allowing most anything that technology and ingenuity would bring to the table. The NHRA has always played in the re-active side, and all of their mistakes and lack of foresight came crashing down with the tragic death of Scott Kalitta.
Oh my God, we have a problem here..
Ya think?
Their re-active solution was 1,000' racing.
Did anyone not see this coming, and did it have to come to that?
Reactive thinking and a reactive approach is twice as hard on the fans to reconcile than a smoother, but still unpopular proactive approach. OK, water over the damn in regards to reactive thinking, and we have the advantages of hindsight, so let's start to think proactively. That is all I am saying here. If you think that it lays with short 1,000' squirts, I wholeheartedly disagree.
Again, see Nascar, and the success of their pro-active approach.

Alcohol.
No disrespect, but let's concentrate on Fuel, because frankly, nobody outside of drag racing really cares about the alky cars, and the future of the NHRA depends on TV, and fuel sells to TV, not alcohol. Plans for slowing down the Alky cars should be happening as we speak. If it isn't, well I wouldn't be surprised. I think you can come up with a number of ways to slow them down without me expanding on it.

How about Bob Bode winning in Brainerd in 2010? Did you forget about that?
Bob Bode?
Any other examples??..............??.....
I think you could get one every other race in the 1,320 era.
Now, it's just Bob Bode... Point taken, as well as point given.

I have no solid answers, but that's not my job, it's the NHRA's and your job. If it "were" my job, I would have the right answers because nothing is impossible if clear goals are set. Man did walk on the Moon back in 1969 if I remember. It's not rocket science my friend. It's simply a clear focus and the will to "do it".
Smaller CID, less boost, less mag, zero clutch management, outlaw electronic and pneumatic engagement, bodies that conform to stock figuration, spoiler size management, we can go on and on forever, and "making the racers happy" have nothing to do with it. Making the playing field level and less expensive and complicated should take precedence before team owners advantages. You can blow holes in any of these examples until you are finally committed to insure of the sport's future, then you will come up with a combination that will work.
Remember, at some point, a run-away performance program will encounter the same challenges at 1,000' when the cars run even faster and more out of control. God forbid, another star or a young rising star is fatally injured in a 3.60 run. What then, 600'?.

With the current performance? Absolutely..

Jeff, with all due respect, your example above is a little dramatic.
Are you telling me that every run, or even a greater percentage of any fuel run were slower at the 1,340 mark than the 1,000' mark? If that were the case, we would all still be enjoying the quarter mile and this conversation wouldn't be taking place.

No matter how you want to present it, what the NHRA has done by going to 1,000' has directly and absolutely affected the essence, history and tradition in which the sport was built on. The absolute CORNERSTONE is 1/4 mile racing, period, end of discussion. Mess with that, and you mess with everyone and everything that has come before you. Guys like me and others now think it's a joke because there are no real records to be broken, no references and no nuthin' to measure against. All made worse by the NHRA's reactive policies. Gradually taking control of the speeds throughout the 90's and early 2,000s would have smoothed out the abruptness of the whole situation. Again, look at Nascar and their attempt to keep the cars under 230 at Daytona.
For all of the comparisons to Nascar and any other form of racing, Nascar has NEVER deviated from the cornerstone from which the traditions were built. The Daytona 500 is still the Daytona 500. The racing records are all intact and the parameters are mostly unchanged. But, the racing is still good, looks great on TV, and the good ole' boys can still watch great racing and great suspenseful finishes, and that SELLS TV advertising and brings in sponsorship dollars. Ask me the difference between a 3.90 or a 3.80 run and my answer will be the same, who cares. I blinked and missed it. I can't reference that with anything, and yes, the last 340 feet do make a difference because THAT was where the drama was..

You said that, not me.
I would rather watch flies eat goat turds than watch a Super Class race. If you don't think bringing back the cornerstone of the sport is more important than making it easy and happy for the racers and owners, or giving respect to the diminishing numbers of TV ratings, the correlation of TV ratings and their effect of landing that big sponsorship, or the condition or the racing landscape in 2017, then by all means, disagree with me.
Stay safe and I'll be wishing you the best of success.

Last edited:
My personal experiences ONLY!!! Over 250 National Events attended between 1973-2007 (Never less than 8 a year). From 2007 to present---2 (Sonoma & Indy after the switch to 1000'). Tried it.... HATE IT!!! As has been stated earlier the record books for fuel racing are closed forever. We (myself and brother) introduced dozens (on the conservative side) of folks to NHRA, and not a one has returned to see a 1000 footer. Do we mean squat.. not according to Jim Head, so we took his advice and save our $$$ for other things. Do we miss the great people be it drivers, crew members, and fans (Some of our best friends we met at the track)? Absolutely, but I cannot be convinced that 1000' fuel racing is the answer. Again, my opinion only, but I think there are way more out there just like us than anyone within the sport is willing to admit. Yeah, the economy is tough, but if the product is there people will find a way. A few examples-- Lakers and Clippers sell out EVERY GAME (With tickets WAY more expensive than a Sunday NHRA ticket), Angels average 90%+ capacity EVERY GAME (Including Tues., Wed., & Thurs. games against a Kansas City), Kings---Sold Out every game this year. I went to the Monster Jam Saturday night and not only was it Sold Out, but 9 others just like it across the US were ALL SELL OUTS!! With that being the case--Why has the attendance at NHRA National Events fallen so drastically?

I am actually going to try and do a bit of research on this to see if I can to get "real" numbers but I would like to see the proof that our tv ratings have steadily been going down as well as attendance for the last 15 years. Also would like to see the same since the switch to a 1000 ft. If anybody has any real numbers, I would love to see them! For sure the economy has had an effect in the last 3-4 years just like it has had in any other form of motorsports.

As far as slowing the cars down, you are right George, I am sure there is a way. Realistically speaking though, I don't see how. The few ideas you had basically make it a Nostalgia Funny Car. The only thing we would still be using is the chassis. Would Toyota, Ford and Mopar be interested in scrapping all the bodies they have right now? Would the teams be able to switch everything else from blocks to heads to superchargers to clutches...sure, I guess, but definitely say Bye to any independents we have left. As a matter of fact if you made almost every part obsolete, it wouldn't surprise me to see some of the mega teams hang it up for good as well.

Should NHRA have been more pro active in slowing the cars down in the past? Yes..but they didn't

If we went back to the 1/4 mile even with de tuned cars, would the stands all of a sudden be packed? Doubt it. Would there be a few more die hard guys in the stands that don't go now, probably. But how many would that be per race? 100, 1000? Would the TV ratings all of a sudden jump up? Doubt it as well.

So here's what we have now. Great, close fast racing. Maybe NHRA could start a new class for the 1/4 mile that run nitro and have old bodies...oh yeah, they already did! Are they cool? Yes, and I love them, but that's not where corporate America or TV wants to be at this time. When it first started a bunch of my buddies had them but a new one to build yourself still costs upwards of $125,000.00. Plus the truck and trailer and spares. Everybody had fun and ran low 6's with not much damage. Now you have guys running in the low 5.60's/high 5.50's and they are hurting parts and spending money and probably not having as much fun. That's just the way the sport evolves. Everybody always wants to go faster! Not slower

Wish I had the answer, but I don't. But I still love NHRA Drag Racing!

Funny Car's 'one-hit wonders'
majority happening in 70's
IMO less disparity had everything to do with small guys winning more often.
the planets lined up for bode's win; as they did with lagana's near miss.
it is within the realm of possibilities today, but to a much lesser degree
than in the past. track length not a variable.
i would argue there was less disparity in 1996 too.

alcohol cars: see nascar nationwide - not the cars, it's the stars

records: not anymore. it's over. time for the drivers to shine in a new era.
chasing records today @ 1000' will lead to chasing to
less than 1000' tomorrow.

1000hp per cylinder @ 100 gl/min, is it really necessary?
again - small proactive measures to the current configuration could result
in a combination say 3-4 years from now, dare i say it, that could keep racing
at 1000' for foreseeable future; continue unchecked and the next catastrophe
will undoubtedly force another unpopular reaction

we would all like to see attendance figures - they mysteriously have
vanished since the digger reported them some 20 yrs. ago

Last edited:
Jeff,
Steering a business, the national economy, the NHRA or implementing a thought into action is a lot like steering a boat. You have to turn the wheel, and wait for it to respond. The bridge of the Titanic knew this all too well.
People think the economy can change on a dime with a simple change of the President, but as anyone with a working brain knows, the current President is simply along for the ride because economic policies take time to react.. The effects of a current administration's policy is rarely felt within the current term, but convince 99% of the public that it takes time and commitment to change prior structure..

The changes I talk about can not and will not fill the stands this year. The TV ratings won't instantly rise and the sponsors won't start calling right away either. It's about the five year thing I mentioned earlier.
If some foresight, along with a proactive list of goals aren't set right now, I think the viability of NHRA racing as a business may have seen it's better days..
I don't believe in 1,000' racing, the "toss tradition into the dumpster" mentality, or the fundamental cornerstone changes it brings with it. I would hope that someone from within the "powers-that-be can put down the $12.00 hamburger, look out of their air conditioned suite window, remove the rose colored glasses and see the empty seats for what they are, and it's not the effects of a economy.... Look to C.K. Spurlock for the answer.
If the light does come on in their heads, we have a decent chance that in 5 years the sport will be healthier for all.

Last edited:
I guess if one considers 1000' racing "great" there probably isn't much common ground for discussion :shrug:

but what happens when 1000' racing is too fast? Does NHRA go to 660'; the racing would be even closer and some would probably think it's "great" too...then when that is deemed unsafe 330' maybe? I guess it all comes down to where you want to draw the line...for some of us the line was 1320', others seem fine with 1000', but IMO once shortening the racing distance becomes a permanent way to control speeds NHRA drag racing is done...

This is an excellent thread. My book is going to attack this issue in debate with expert insight. One of my main points is what I have always said. Del ran his 3.735 and Tony ran his 327.90 in Reading, it's only a matter of time until that E.T. and speed are together on the same run. A 3.735 roughly translates to a 4.40 if it was not the sports first ever 4.3. It's a mute point in trying to figure it out because if anyone goes 3.72 it's safe to say goodbye to to 4.3 1320 barrier if it held together of course.

Jeff, 327.90 at 1000ft roughly translates to still going about 280-285 at 1320, so my concern is no matter what the rules are crew chiefs job is to go faster every single run and they will continually push the envelope. Give it 5 years, let's say TF is kept at 1000 and they are going 3.65 or in 1320 standards 4.35 about and the speed is at 336-340. Now they will be shutting down at 1000 still going around 305 at 1320, What's the gain?

These cars are pushed to the brink of danger no matter what the rules are and teams are still going to be finding ways to excel greatly, so at what point of e.t or speed does the extra 320 foot window become diminished or even worse useless? I hold the upmost respect for everyone directly or externally affected by Scott's passing, Rest In Peace Scott.

He was killed at 4.974/300.73 and that kinda coverts to a 4.264-4.284/282.73-285.73. Are we going 1000ft for the right reasons? It's impossible to say that if we were racing 1000ft then if the outcome would of been different cause their is no way to ever experiment. Scott was the victim of having a problem at a track notorious for shutdown problems. I don't care how much heat I take for this and I am truly sorry if I offended anyone cause I do not mean to, but I feel that I have the right to express myself. I don't feel 1320 is any safer than 1000ft.

I am going with my gut. We did not lose a driver because we were racing 1320 that day, unfortunately I feel the same outcome would of happened. Again, Rest In Peace Scott. Everyone is so quick to say it's safer. Why? 320 Feet? That's it? Ok, we slowed these cars speed down, they are running the fastest e.t.'s they ever ran to 1000ft NOW then they did when we WERE 1320. I see it that a 3.735 is on it's way to a 4.41 and then you pull the plug at 1000ft. we are avoiding the problem of stopping, but we are not avoiding the chance to keep the car off the wall, or a tire blowout, a wing failure.

These cars are safer because of what happend that moved us to 1000 but are these cars safer because of 1000? No

Tires, Goodyear, they can't keep going faster. They are at their limit. Traction compound. Cost going through the roof. Costs more than Nitro per drum. Slow or short. What to do???

Tires, Goodyear, they can't keep going faster. They are at their limit. Traction compound. Cost going through the roof. Costs more than Nitro per drum. Slow or short. What to do???

What to do?
At some point, the NHRA will finally understand that there are no other options other than to proactively slow the cars down. If they don't, cars will go faster, races will be more dangerous, and fans will not stick around for an event where the burnout is longer and more thrilling than the actual race.

I really think it's time for the leadership within the NHRA to be booted out of the door on their asses, and replaced with people who can actually implement a strategy for dealing with the many challenges that are coming quick..

Last edited:

Here's a crazy idea - if the goodyears are the weak link, make the diameter of the rear tires bigger. This would reduce stress within the tire at speed.

Centripetal force's magnitude (im assuming that centripetal force is at least part of what is tearing the tire apart at speed) is based on centripetal acceleration, which is based on the velocity of the outer part of the tire, which is based on the rate of revolution of the tire.. which is based on the diameter of the tire.

If everything else is equal (it isn't) but today's tire (I assumed 44" diameter at speed) at 300 would experience the (nearly) same centripetal force as a 54" diameter tire at 330.

I know its probably not feasible but I wonder if changing the tire diameter was ever discussed.

While I do agree that the cars will need to be slowed down, I totally disagree with 1,000 racing being the reason why fans are not filling the seats. Most casual fans have no clue where they are shutting of fuel cars. What's the reason that NASCAR fans are no longer filling those seats? Do you really think it's because they changed to the "Car of Tomorrow"?

I've said it on here before, in the last 5 years, my utility bills to run my home have gone up astronomically, costs of groceries, gasoline, child care, etc. have all gone through the roof, yet wages have not increased one cent. Do you buy necessaties, or tickets to the races???

Also for what it's worth, sponsors are coming back to Drag Racing, they see it as a great return on investment, why is that?

While I do agree that the cars will need to be slowed down, I totally disagree with 1,000 racing being the reason why fans are not filling the seats. Most casual fans have no clue where they are shutting of fuel cars. What's the reason that NASCAR fans are no longer filling those seats? Do you really think it's because they changed to the "Car of Tomorrow"?

I've said it on here before, in the last 5 years, my utility bills to run my home have gone up astronomically, costs of groceries, gasoline, child care, etc. have all gone through the roof, yet wages have not increased one cent. Do you buy necessaties, or tickets to the races???

Also for what it's worth, sponsors are coming back to Drag Racing, they see it as a great return on investment, why is that?

My name is Chris Cook, and I approve this post!

It's the economy people. Tickets are too expensive. Food, beverage and souvenirs at the event are too expensive. Parking and transportation to the event are too expensive.

The reason Drag racing is seen as a good investment by Sponsors is it far less expensive than any other major motorsport, it is on ESPN/2, you can setup a hospitality area in the pits directly adjacent to the team you sponsor and entertain your customers directly and you can directly market to the crowds in the pits at NHRA events to cultivate new customers.

Look at the tool companies, they are there to entertain their best distributors and recruit new distributors. Good distributors will move enough product to make the cost of the sponsorship moot. If someone in the crowd or watching on TV actually buy some of their tools ... well that is just added benefit.

My name is Chris Cook, and I approve this post!

It's the economy people. Tickets are too expensive. Food, beverage and souvenirs at the event are too expensive. Parking and transportation to the event are too expensive.

The reason Drag racing is seen as a good investment by Sponsors is it far less expensive than any other major motorsport, it is on ESPN/2, you can setup a hospitality area in the pits directly adjacent to the team you sponsor and entertain your customers directly and you can directly market to the crowds in the pits at NHRA events to cultivate new customers.

Look at the tool companies, they are there to entertain their best distributors and recruit new distributors. Good distributors will move enough product to make the cost of the sponsorship moot. If someone in the crowd or watching on TV actually buy some of their tools ... well that is just added benefit.

Absolutely. Look at Traxxas. They came in and literally made an immediate impact unlike any sponsor I can remember. Corporate wise great, but it is more bang for the buck to sponsor a car in the Daytona 500 or the U.S. Nationals? That is what we always have to be careful of.We need to reward the sponsors not with exposure from it's own customers, we need to reward them showing that we can pack the stands. Tickets, parking, food, merch is pricy but it's optional. The prices need to go down cause every other bill we pay is going up. The NHRA needs to reflect the economy and price accordingly. Standard of living in different areas of the country. kids under 12 free, YAHOO, i don't have a kid under 12 so what's it matter? I would think the majority of fans dont have kids, dont have kids under 12, or knows their kid would just ***** at being there. Miltary: Thank You for more than what words can write. I can't serve, I tried. There needs to be discounts for regular people and not just military or if you have a kid under 12.

then: petty, pearson, earnhardt, allison, yarlborough, elliot, waltrip,
now: martin, gordon, earnhardt jr., johnson, stewart, edwards, harvick, busch(x2),
burton, montoya, b. labonte, kenseth, newman, hamlin, biffle, etc.

then: snake, mongoose, big, shirley, jungle jim, glidden, bernstein, jenkins
now: force, maybe schumacher and capps to much lesser degrees.
(and scelzi was probably #2 to force for a few years)
with her connections alexis d. could become the face of the nhra....overnight.

then: andretti, foyt, rutherford, johncock, unser, mears, sneva,
now: castroneves (and he is known from 'dancing with stars')

who's winning?
would argue true nascar fans just don't relate to their
'new' crop of young drivers as they did to the likes of dale earnhardt.
IMO they are struggling to replace an aging fan base too.

Last edited:

Lance, while non of us could ever prove it! I think it has had some effect on attendance, I know of at least 7-8 people that cannot stand it! And 4 of those refuse to pay to see it! And if I know 3-4, I bet everyone does. That adds up pretty quickly!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back