Saturday Night Nitro at the Patch THIS WEEKEND!! (1 Viewer)

MW

Nitro Member
Blast from the past at Famoso Raceway!!! Chicago style. All cars run @ 8:pM. The fast 8 come back at 10:pM & the two quickest winners come back for the final. Test n Tune all afternoon. Expected (not confirmed) includes: James Day in the Pedler, Dan Horan's "Patriot", Ryan Konno, California Hustler, Dale Van Gundy's Quarter Pounder, Bays & Rupert, Scared Straight, Smokey's Dark Side, Back n Black, Holy Toledo Jeep, Fighting Irish, Evil, Wicked...., Jam Air, Nitro Pirate, Crusher?, Hot 4 Teacher. Should be a couple more plus a few other nitro burners & a pair of jets. Had a BLAST at these events last year.

Discount for Saturday Night Nitro events Auto Club Famoso Raceway...use code MW20 for $5 off your ticket at Famoso Raceway Tickets
Dates are June 15, July 13 or Sept 7

The Hot 4 Teacher just got a new blower put on it to replace the one that blew apart at the March Meet, and we are going to fire it up tonight and then make a couple of squirt's Fri night. Sat, should be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
While Lucky Hudson and Diana-Mite are on one of their big drag racing road trips, heading next to Bowling Green Kentucky for the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion, Speed Scene Live TV has Nitro tuner Donnie Couch (shown) and DRO West Coast Editor Darr Hawthorne – live and in studio tonight, Tuesday June 11.

They’ll be doing a preview of this weekend’s Saturday Night Nitro event at Auto Club Famoso Raceway, with special guests from the world of Nitro; Famoso’s Blake Bowser, to chat about the Boise-Bakersfield Blitz and nitro funny car rookie Robert Overholser, driver of the “California Hustler” Firebird, who is currently #5 in NHRA Heritage Series Points.

Donnie will also have results and interviews from last weeks SoCal’s Industry Hills Speedway motorcycles.

In studio, in the last half hour, will be TV Producer Ray Iddings who’ll talk about Won & Done, Pinks, Drag Race High and Pass Time, working with Rich Christensen and new motorsports programs being planned for MAV-TV.

Watch the best online Racing TV show and help celebrate over ten years of Speed Scene Live TV at 6:00 to 7:00 Pacific time – just by going to SPEEDSCENELIVE.COM

1003125_520995427948754_832279655_n.jpg

We are doing a cackle show with the Shirley car Saterday then heading to the patch to hangout........No we aren't bringing the dragster......this time.

See you there.

I'm heading up there with my oldest daughter and 4 other Dad's and kids. We wouldn't miss it. One of our goals is to run our AA/FA next year at this event. Should be a blast, Nitro at night!!!

Here's the Nitro Funny Car list for Saturday Night Nitro, so far... $20 bucks, kids under 12 are free!

"Patriot" '66 Ford Mustang ~ Dan Horan Jr.
"California Hustler" '77 Pontiac Firebird ~ Robert Overholser
"Back in Black" '69 Pontiac GTO ~ Dennis LaCharite
"Smokey's Darkside" '79 Dodge Challenger ~ Rick Rogers
"Fighting Irish" '74 Chevy Camaro Camaro ~ Ed Dougan
"Pedaler" Arrow ~ '77 Plymouth Arrow James Day
"Scared Straight" '66 Ford Mustang ~ Mike Halstead
"Kazanjian Lemon & Konno" '73 Ford Mustang ~ Rian Konno
"Hot 4 Teacher" '71 Ford Mustang ~ Alex Miladinovich
"Evil Wicked Mean & Nasty" '71 Ford Mustang ~ Dennis Taylor
"Bays & Rupert" '69 Chevy Camaro ~ Devery Howard
"Holy Toledo" Jeep ~ Dean Oberg
"Nitro Pirate" '78 Chevy Corvette ~ Shane Harter
"Quarter Ounder" '70 Dodge Challenger ~ Dale Van Gundy
"War Horse" '71 Ford Mustang ~ Roger Garten
"Pisano & Matusbara" '74 Chevy Vega ~ Todd Mallory
"Crusher" '69 Chevy Camaro ~ Todd Paton

Last edited:
Whoa! That is a nice amount of cars!
How will qualifying and eliminations be formatted?

Whoa! That is a nice amount of cars!
How will qualifying and eliminations be formatted?

All nitro funny cars make one run to get into the Quick 8.

The Quick 8 make a second elimination run to determine the two Quickest - for the Winner and Runner-up.:D

All finished on Saturday Night.

Kids under 12 are free!

Can't wait to get there to see all the nitro racing and the inaugural running of the Nostalgia Pro Comp class. I love nitro racing under the lights it takes me back to the days of...Oh wait, I'm still stuck in the hell hole for another week.

Will Larry Luna and Quarter Mile Productions be broadcasting on the internet again this time?

WOW what a great event. I even won 6 free tickets to the next two Nitro Nights form the man Mike English! Lots of kids there and they saw one hell of a show. I think there was 17 or 18 nitro funny cars. The parade lap and towing back in front of the crowd was a huge hit with the kids. Thanks to the people at Famoso for putting on such a great race. There was a huge crowd turn out.

A GREAT EVENT!!!.
SNN 1 (June 15, 2013) Results

Rd. 2 / Q1 (Q1 Position)
1) 5.812 W / 5.81 Horan (1)
2) 5.815 W / 5.91 Cal. Hustler (4)
3) 5.90 W / 5.92 R Konno (6)
4) Oil W / 5.97 Scar.Strt. (7)
5) 5.810 L / 5.91 Bays n Rupert (5)
6) 5.96 L / 5.88 Pedler (3)
7) Smoked L / 5.84 Dark Side (2)
8) Broke L / 6.08 War Horse (8)
DNQ:
[9] 6.12 E, W, M & Nasty
[10] 6.22 Nitro Pirate
[11] 6.30 Back in Black
[12] 6.50 Holy Toledo
[13] 6.64 Hot 4 Teacher
[14] 6.69 Fighting Irish
[15] 6.69 Crusher
[16] Broke Qtr. Pounder
Event winner Dan Horan

Besides the Funny Car show we were treated to 3 NTF cars, 2 A/Fuel Cars, 3 Nitro burning Harleys, 2 Jets, and the "Witch Doctor" AA/FA (who made 2 killer passes, but the last pass ended in the sand after the chutes failed to deploy. Damage did'nt look to bad, but perhaps someone in the know could fill in the details). ALL THIS for $15 (W/ Coupon). Doesn't get ANY BETTER!!! See everyone July 13!!

WOW what a great event. I even won 6 free tickets to the next two Nitro Nights form the man Mike English! Lots of kids there and they saw one hell of a show. I think there was 17 or 18 nitro funny cars. The parade lap and towing back in front of the crowd was a huge hit with the kids. Thanks to the people at Famoso for putting on such a great race. There was a huge crowd turn out.

It was a lot of fun, every kid I saw got a JEGS hat and I also reminded each kid to be sure and pick up his or her Hot Wheels toy. Hot Wheels still means something to kids!

There were 15 nitro funny car making runs, Dale VanGundy popped the blower on his previous test run and split the case.

It was plenty of show, I think I'll make it to SNN2! :D

Ya, anyone know who owns and drives the "Witch Doctor?" Didn't Jeff Diehl own that car at one point?

That car made a great pass in the 1030 session.

Vince, the car belongs to Keith Wilson from down around San Diego. That was his 1st time running this car 1/4 mile. Sad it went into the sand and flipped. Keith is ok and he told me sunday the car isn't to bad but they will know more when they get home.

We had a blast at SNN 1.
Rian Konno and Tom Lemon were very happy with our 2 runs of 5.92 243 & 5,90 245.
Sneaking up on a new tune up.

Fans were great!

Paul Flores (Pablo Cruise) shot some fantastic photos.

I agree it was just like at Saturday Nite at the "Dale" or the "County".

Looking forward to SNN 2 & 3

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back