25 bucks a CARLOAD at the Patch this weekend!!!! (1 Viewer)

MW

Nitro Member
First Saturday Night Nitro June 28 (This Saturday). 18 Nitro Funny Cars ++, 3 Jets, Mike Salinas' "Big Show" TF, a few Fuel Alts ("Witch Doctor", Sullivan, Bennett ++), Nostalgia TF ("High Speed", Fuller ++), and who knows what else!!! If you went to "The County", Lions, Irwindale etc.. back in the day this is as close as it gets, and at 25 bones for your whole group you can't go wrong. We will be day trippin from So Cal early Saturday, and CAN'T WAIT!!! The Bowsers KNOW WHAT'S UP and I hope they pack the place. We have been to every one of the SNN events and they are an absolute BLAST!!!

Expected Funny Cars Include:

Dan Horan "Patriot"

Robert Overholser "California Hustler"

James Day "Pedaler"

Scott Cousimano "Nitro Mafia"

Rick Rogers "Fighting Irish"

Mendy Fry "Darkside"

Alex Miladinovich "Hot 4 Teacher"

Ryan Konno "Kazanjian Lemon & Konno"

Bob McIntire "Crusher"

Richard Townsend "Nitrohaulic"

Brad Thompson "Jailbreak"

Bob Godfrey "Burn-N-Money"

Roger Garten "War Horse"

Donnie Watkins "Thunderstruck"

Mike Thompson “Holy Toledo”

Kurt Cruise “Beach Bomb”

Dale Van Gundy “Quarter Pounder”

Cory Lee “Back In Black”

Gates open at noon, nitro officially starts at 8:00 pm - but if anything like past events these guys will be making test runs throughout the afternoon. As the late great Steve Evans would say... BE THERE!

Here's how it went.

James Day in Gary Turner's "Pedaler" was the winner of Saturday Night Nitro 1 ~ $3,000

$1,500 winners were:
Richard Townsend
Rick Rogers
Roger Garten

$1,000 winners were
Bob Godfrey
Robert Overholser
Dale Van Gundy
Dean Oberg

$500 Low Elapsed Time Bonus:
Richard Townsend

Boise Bakersfield Blitz Points Leaders after the Boise Ignitor and SNN1

#1 Richard Townsend 42 points
#2 Robert Overholser 39 points
#3 Roger Garten 38 points
#4 Dan Horan 35 points
#5 Brad Thompson 28 points
#6 James Day 21 points
#7 Kris Krabill 20 points
#8 Dale VanGundy 19 points

The Boise-Bakersfield Blitz is a points-earning series to promote four drag races for nitro funny cars, the “Ignitor” and “Nightfire Nationals” at Firebird Raceway and two “Saturday Night Nitro” events at Auto Club Famoso Raceway.

Here’s how the Blitz works... Points are earned based upon funny car qualifying positions in reverse order. In an 8-car field the #1 qualifier earns 8 points, #2 earns 7 points, #3 earns 6 points and downward through the qualified field; a 16-car field is awarded the same way with the #1 qualifier earning 16 points. 10 points are awarded for simply showing up with a nitro funny car and passing tech at each event, with a perfect attendance bonus of 5 points to teams participating at all four events.

At the end of this series, the top points earner receives a Boise- Bakersfield Blitz Winner’s jacket and special trophy, $1,000 cash, a 55-gallon drum of nitromethane and a $250 gasoline/diesel gift card.

In addition from our great friends in the racing aftermarket:

• A drum of Prolong 70 weight Nitro Racing Oil
• 5 room nights at Hampton Inn & Suites in Meridian, ID
• $750 Hedman Hedders U-build nitro funny car header kit
• $250 product credit at Aeromotive Fuel Systems
• $250 blower re-stripping from Littlefield Superchargers
• $250 product credit at Taylor Motorsports
• $250 gift certificate from Stith Printing
• a Replay XD 1080 Mini camera system from BangShift.com

The runner-up finisher receives $500 cash, a 55-gallon drum of nitromethane, 3 room nights at Hampton Inn & Suites in Meridian, ID and a $100 gift certificate from Stith Printing.

For the participants, a special eight-car show will be part of 2015 March Meet qualifying with an additional cash payout.

Contact: Blake Bowser at Auto Club Famoso Raceway or Scott New at Firebird International Raceway for more information.

GREAT show! Had a great time and I think the $25 carload promo was a hit (perhaps Darr has some attendance info). Biggest crowd I've seen at a SNN, tons of kids running around, and 33 nitro powered vehicles (as well as 3 jets) in the pits!!! 3 buddies & myself loaded our EZ-up & chairs in the truck, chipped in $15 bucks each for gas, picked up $40.00 ($10 ea.) in snacks & beverages, paid $6 each to get in, picked up a KILLER Stith SNN shirt ($20), and enjoyed a killer day trip from the South Bay (Redondo Beach) for around $50 bucks!!!! The Bowsers' get it!!!!!!

Congratulations on a great show. Sorry I missed it as I'm on the other side of the world, but looking forward to the next one.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back