Satellite Radio (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
I have XM radio now it's due to expire in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have Sirius? My nephew has it & says that they do not have any commercials at all.I find this kind of hard to believe. Xm's commercials they have on some of the talk shows are really starting to bug me.I don't get the commercials on music stations but on the talk stations I'm getting fed up with them. I want to get some feedback before I decide to switch or stay. Mike

Sirius definitely has commercials. Howard Stern and several other talk show channels have commercial breaks. I believe that you can log onto sirius.com as a guest and listen to some of the channels.

I have Sirius and there are commercials on most of the talk channels except the music stations. I would switch to Siruis for three reasons Howard Stern (not everyone will like), Bubba the Love Sponge (Scelzi is on frequently), and the Nascar channel. I would think the music stations (Octane 20 is my fav) are pretty comparable. It will probably not matter in a few months if the merger goes through. Here's a discussion from a year ago.

http://www.nitromater.com/lounge/4276-satellite-radio.html

I have had Sirius for 3 years now and I prefer the music line ups over XM's. Also don't forget Sirius has the NFL, NBA, and college football and basketball.

Another vote for Sirius. With them for 3 years, no commercials on the music channels, every NFL football game (you can even pick the "home" or "away" radio cast in most cases) and Bubba the Love Sponge. It made it impossible to listen to the crappy local DJ's and their crappy dated music. I have heard that XM and Sirius are trying to merge, and if so they would combine programing, that would be nice since my Chevy truck has a unused XM sterio with a Sirius player mounted below it.

I have had Sirius for 3 years now and I prefer the music line ups over XM's. Also don't forget Sirius has the NFL, NBA, and college football and basketball.

I have XM and love it. I never thought I'd pay for radio but I'm sold. You should keep in mind that Sirus and XM will be one in the future or out of business.

As of right now XM is the only place to hear me. NHRA Tuesday night, 8:20 eastern time channel 144 Power Shift with Joe Castello,

Alan

I have XM radio now it's due to expire in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have Sirius? My nephew has it & says that they do not have any commercials at all.I find this kind of hard to believe. Xm's commercials they have on some of the talk shows are really starting to bug me.I don't get the commercials on music stations but on the talk stations I'm getting fed up with them. I want to get some feedback before I decide to switch or stay. Mike

i have sirius . i hate it. the only non commercial stuff is the music channels. after about a month i could almost predict what song was going to be played next, its same tunes over and over. all the other channels have commercials lots of them. the nascar channel is terrible. they should have a racing channel that talks all racing. my subscription runs out feb 0f 08 and im done.

Last edited:
As of right now XM is the only place to hear me. NHRA Tuesday night, 8:20 eastern time channel 144 Power Shift with Joe Castello,

Alan

Well hell,that's reason enough to stick with XM right there.

I do like XM, I thought my nephew was nuts when he said there was no commercials at all on Sirius.

I got Sirius with my truck free for a year.

I thought I would just let it expire.

But, with work I drive quite a bit and because of that, I love it. With the array of channels, you can always find something to listen to: music, news, comedy, etc......

Music channels - no commercials

Talk channels - some commercials, but not as much as normal FM.

With Sirius you get NBA, NFL [all games], Nascar [with in-car audio of 10 drivers each week], Stern, etc.

If you spend any significant amount of time in your car listening to the radio, it is worth it.

Channel 4 Movin EZ for me on Sirius.

Used to really like Prime Country when they played more 80's.

Enjoy the Redskins home broadcast when I'm on the road coming back from Charlottesville on Sunday's.

Alan

Oh come on Alan you can toot your horn amonst friends!
Alan left out that he is a featured regular guest on the show every week.
I might add he always has a lot more insight on there than over here.
Maybe Jerrod could slip you a few bills to liven up the place Alan!
Best we ever got was he got rich by darning his own socks!

Alan the show gets better and better and I'm looking forward to 2008 and I will certainly renew my subscription.

Looking at the stocks sirius @ less than three dollars a share vs less than 15 for XM.
I hope they do keep all originanal programing if they merge.
XM has a lot of special in house programing and the music is about the same. We have both Sirius and XM .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back