RUMOR MILL - CREW CHIEF CAROUSEL WILL BEGIN TURNING AFTER POMONA (1 Viewer)

That’s a good one. So if no funding from AAA, Robert runs the only JFR funny car and John retires from driving.
Makes no sense running 1 AA/FC. John just said on NHRA.com at SEma Peak just signed again for 3 years.

Jimmy Prock & Mike Neff have both tuned Top Fuel Dragsters before. My bet is that Mike Neff is headed to Tony Stewart Racing to tune Leah's dragster.
Lets walk through some logic on this one (sorry)...If AAA is leaving and no replacement has been found, they can't field that car. Force would then need to decide if its time to give up the seat to Robert. He will definitely want to cash in on a 'final tour' type year. I highly doubt he would let Jimmy walk and would pay him to consult on all teams for the year, then put Robert in the seat for, lets say 2024, with Prock back tuning.
I like the idea of Neff to Leah, however I don't believe he had success in TF, so maybe not?

Todd Smith and Jon Oberhofer were both dragster guys before the FC came out and had significant success as crew chiefs?

I tend to let the cards play on these rumors...nothing would surprise me lol

And he could drive a second Funny Car for more data.
I just don't see Neff wanting a dragster again and doubt Taska would want him out as they have a good car. Jon O with a 3rd dragster could happen if dhl cuts back on funding. JR can drive either one well.

I'm sorry but you guys are cracking me up! Bobby says a crew chief "MIGHT" be changing jobs, and some of you have turned that into Force retiring, Robert being unsponsored, and Del leaving a team that he owns!

I will give partial credit, you have named the CC in question. But then I think every one of them has been named in this thread.... LoL

Alan

I'm sorry but you guys are cracking me up! Bobby says a crew chief "MIGHT" be changing jobs, and some of you have turned that into Force retiring, Robert being unsponsored, and Del leaving a team that he owns!

I will give partial credit, you have named the CC in question. But then I think every one of them has been named in this thread.... LoL

Alan
we love to speculate

Alan
He actually says “will be” headed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back