Ron Capps / Jim Head. (2 Viewers)

You don't say shit like that to ANY driver before they get into a race car. If I was Ron Id be pissed and Head would know it first hand(or fist) I have known Ron for a long time and Id back his ass up on this anyday of the week. That's a time to get your thoughts together not have someone come talk about what he thinks ma or may not be an unsafe driver. Very stupid Jim Head!

Whenever I wanted to get my thoughts together I just stayed in the tow vehicle with the windows up. Pretty easy.

And all the while I thought you were sleeping-or is that how you get your thoughts together by sleeping?_have a good day Mark -laterMike

Shhh don't tell anyone. No one wanted to talk to me anyway. Hope all is well Mike

The last time Ron Capps tried to handle this type of situation in the privacy of a hauler, he would up with a fat lip from Whit Bazemore. I guess he didn't want to go thru that again, so he said something on the mic this time.

I kid, I kid

The last time Ron Capps tried to handle this type of situation in the privacy of a hauler, he would up with a fat lip from Whit Bazemore. I guess he didn't want to go thru that again, so he said something on the mic this time.

I kid, I kid
If I remember correctly, it was Bazemore with the fat lip...

If I remember correctly, it was Bazemore with the fat lip...

I googled it and you are right. For all of these years, somehow I remembered it as Ron getting the worst of it. My apologies to Ron.

Even though my post was meant as a joke ... lesson learned ... again ... use Google to double check your facts.

If a simple conversation is all it takes to get into a driver's fragile mind, then what happens when a random fan says something less than complimentary? Is that driver going to cancel the run? Tear up? Curl into the fetal position in the hauler? Mind tricks are part of racing, if you can't handle that, how can you handle REAL problems? Real problems are not 4 seconds in a race car, no matter how brutal of a ride it is. Real problems are looking into your checking account and hoping the house payment check doesn't clear until after payday, wondering what that noise in you're just-paid-for truck is when you're in the middle of the desert, out of cell range at 3 am when you watch the temperature gauge going up. Mental toughness used to be common in athletes of all kinds, now everyone needs their safe space. I'll trade my problems for Capps' problems any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I'll even smile when Jim Head talks to me before a run ;)

Like Marc White said, stay in the truck with the windows up then. Ron used to be a TAD crew member with Darrel Hitchman. He knows the drill. Lately he's been a little sensitive. As another poster said earlier, another WTF moment over the loud speaker was when he recently complained of Courtney Force hanging him out. "I'm surprised she would do that...bla bla bla..." I went back and rewatched that run 2-3 times. Courtney did no such thing. I'm surprised the TV producers didn't follow up on it.

He should have raced Division 6 and 7 in TA/FC. Guys like Bucky, Payne, countless others including my driver, Daniel Oliver. I have a million stories of antics well before the firesuits were put on. I can show you videos where driver "X" would sit there until the count of 6.999 seconds on a seven second countdown clock before reving it up and staging. I know of a team that while in the staging lanes they put a great big sticker that said "Northwest Hitter" complete with boxing gloves on the side of their car just like the Northwest hitter had on his car, except this one had a red circle with a line through it. The team walked over to the NWH and asked him to come see it just as he was suiting up to race them. Mind games? The relatively new driver of the team that put the sticker on was a victim of the NWH just a few months earlier while getting ready for a final round at the newer driver's first national event final. At that race the NWH walked into his pit and let him know how he decided the track had deteriorated so much after a rain delay that he detuned his car way down just to be safe and said "Good luck." His antics worked against the newer driver that had the faster car going into the finals. Looking back those were the fun good ol' days with lots of shenanigans. Part of the game. Guessing what was next and who it was coming from made a better driver out of every one.

But to whine over the PA system about it, or on TV, come on. Go back to your pit and learn from it. Or go do something else.
Your comment is irrelevant, and I don't feel like dealing with you. Bye! I will stand up for Ron as I have known him since he drove for Prudhomme.

Your comment is irrelevant, and I don't feel like dealing with you. Bye! I will stand up for Ron as I have known him since he drove for Prudhomme.

e31.jpg

I didn't know dealing with you was a requirement for participation here. And I know Capps a lot better than a lot longer than you think. Ask him some day.

Randy, didn't Capps drive an alky funny car before he started driving nitro? I'm pretty sure he did a "busman's holiday" a few years ago & drove an alky funny car. Said they are harder to drive than a nitro car. I really love T/AD and TA/FC. They are running times that the nitro cars ran, not so many years ago.

I didn't know dealing with you was a requirement for participation here. And I know Capps a lot better than a lot longer than you think. Ask him some day.
Its not but you are the one that made the "stupid" comment so..... lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back