Ron Capps / Jim Head. (1 Viewer)

The next time someone wants to go to Capps' while he's waiting in the staging lanes, he should be quietly sitting in the truck with his oxygen mask on and when they try to ask him anything he should pull the mask off and speak to them.....but in squeaky helium voice! ~:)~

Randy, didn't Capps drive an alky funny car before he started driving nitro? I'm pretty sure he did a "busman's holiday" a few years ago & drove an alky funny car. Said they are harder to drive than a nitro car. I really love T/AD and TA/FC. They are running times that the nitro cars ran, not so many years ago.

Capps drove TAD for a while. Then Primm had him drive his TF car and in the process caught the eye of Don Prudhomme. At least that's how I remember it. I may be missing a few pieces.

Back when the Snake was unveiling his new funny car sponsor, Copenhagen, Prudhomme told me at the Peterson Museum after we got the car set up (and after Ron introduced the Snake to me) that he was pretty excited about having Ron drive for him because Ron was "very articulate, and a good looking kid. And he can drive." Bottom line was he felt Ron would be a great for his sponsors.

Its not but you are the one that made the "stupid" comment so..... lol
Why are you always so angry and negative Jerry? You do realize you make yourself look like a fool in the eyes of most level headed people here. I find it quite funny you are acting like a teenage boy with a man crush and the person you are defending displays the emotions of a teenage girl. I really want to like Ron but it doesn’t help his case if he considers someone like you a friend. Does he refer to you as Jerry Who? lol

I really have to side with Randy. He probably has more experience regarding things like this than everyone combined who have commented on this. I'll take experience over dumb any time.

Last edited:
I really have to side with Randy. He probably has more experience regarding things like this than everyone combined who have commented on this. I'll take experience over dumb any time.

That may or may not be true. I will say this. I sure am glad Amanda didn't stick a mic in my face like she did Ron right after one of our competitor pals pulled some crap on me or one of my drivers. I would have been put on a permanent NHRA vacation. Looking back the junk that happened to one of my drivers in particular was all in fun, but at the time I was over the top p#ssed.

Last edited:
Johnny and Capps first round again. I wonder if Jim "wished him luck" in the staging lanes this week. :)

And the revealing story on NHRA.com they spoke about in the broadcast booth revealed nothing. Click bait.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back