What's new

Ron Capps goes AA/FA (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
The body on Capp's AA/FA is like Mike Sullivan ran back around 1970. I saw that car run at Lions, Irwindale, etc. 99" wheelbase, would get sideways doing the burnout. But, it would usually go straight (well, straight for a AA/FA), cuz the chassis was kinda like a funny car. Car sat low, like in the photo. Usually run real low 7's at around 200.

twostep

Nitro Member
I hope it's an actual nitro AA/FA and not a alcohol piece. If you're gonna display your balls, might as well go balls-out.

Nunz

Nitro Member
The body on Capp's AA/FA is like Mike Sullivan ran back around 1970. I saw that car run at Lions, Irwindale, etc. 99" wheelbase, would get sideways doing the burnout. But, it would usually go straight (well, straight for a AA/FA), cuz the chassis was kinda like a funny car. Car sat low, like in the photo. Usually run real low 7's at around 200.
The body is actually from Sullivan’s current AA/FA. Sullivan put a ‘23 T body on his car and is running an injected nitro motor in it.

n/a

Nitro Member
The body is actually from Sullivan’s current AA/FA. Sullivan put a ‘23 T body on his car and is running an injected nitro motor in it.
Unfortunately the only oil down today at the MM was from that pretty blue Fiat.

SoCal Racer

Nitro Member
I can't help but wonder if they named it "Good News" in hopes of warding off the bad booga-booga that the "Bad News" AA/FA encountered in 2017...

stitcherbob

Nitro Member
I can't help but wonder if they named it "Good News" in hopes of warding off the bad booga-booga that the "Bad News" AA/FA encountered in 2017...
That's what happens when you hold these races in California...the occasional earthquake shakes everything up.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)