Capps Grenades FC Body Photos (1 Viewer)

Thanks Bobby. As usual Rodger did a great job. In this situation with a massive explosion the energy is going to destroy the body. With the body in pieces there is not much chance it will go into the stands. Even the bigger pieces are going to come more or less straight down. They do not have much "kite" effect like a complete body may have. The better latch forces the body to break more or less at the firewall. I think that is a good and acceptable outcome. It is certainly best for the driver and the fans are in little danger. I cannot see what the tethers bring to the table.

Hard to tell from the angle of these pictures, but it looks like Force was lucky to be leading, or he would have seen a lot of NAPA know how.

Capps was happy with the whole deal, nose on etc. See Bobby's interview with him on CP. I have not seen Force's opinion anywhere. Has anybody heard what Force thinks?

Is it me or does the Charger body seem more vulnerable to these type of body destroying explosions? I'm also wondering if it's related to the set back superchargers? I'm just throwing out my own observations and ideas.

It was said in the article that the Mopar bodies are made differently than the Toyota and Ford bodies. Question is- if the same type of boomer happens in those bodies, can anyone recall the MASSIVE destruction on any of those non- Mopar bodied teams?

Maybe the Mopar bodies need an Association looksee to understand why they suffer such destruction- either for good (gets the body clear of the car), or bad (LOTS of schrapnel going everywhere).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back