RIP Carroll Shelby (1 Viewer)

Despain on SPEED right now, but it was a planned show, so they're running it today in memoriam.....and most likely will run it a few more times.....great show....I've seen many great shows in the past few years on his career, especially the Cobra-Cobra Coupe story....great stuff, one of the Giants who's shoulders are stood upon....

RIP, my foot....he never rested while he was here - why now? I say to him, wherever he may be, "Gentleman - start your engine and enjoy.".

RIP, Mr. Shelby

I read this earlier and thought it was interesting:

The Probably True Story Of How Carroll Shelby Really Died

One colleague told me, while we were talking about Shelby's health, what he claims is the real story of how Shelby died.

According to this source, who has unparalleled knowledge and whom I absolutely believe, Shelby was at the 2011 SEMA aftermarket show in Las Vegas last November when he happened upon Linda Vaughn, a.k.a. Miss Hurst Golden Shifter, a.k.a. The First Lady Of Motorsports.

Vaughn, as per usual, was showing off her famous décolletage. Shelby loved women almost as much as he loved his cars and went up to Vaughn to give her a hug because, as he apparently said, he just loved "those big old titties."

Probably unknown to Shelby at the time, Vaughn was sick and passed on her bug to him. That sickness landed him in the hospital, where he eventually got pneumonia. He hasn't been in full health since and so, although Linda Vaughn's breasts didn't kill Shelby, it's possible they were the first step.

Bummer. :(

I'm a chevy guy, but I have lots of respect and admiration for his accomplishments. He sure contributed a lot to motorsports.

I'll never forget the distinct sound one of his 427 cobras made the first time I ever heard one. I don't mind saying that it scared me. It was loud and powerful!
Every time I go to LVMS and I'm on Speedway blvd approaching the track, I look to the right and look for his shop. Always wanted to stop in.

I took these pics in Bakersfield last March:

IMG_0231.jpg

and his famous trademark signature location

IMG_0232.jpg

Thank you Mr. Shelby for the bada$$ cars that you gave us. You defined what performance meant.

You can bet that Carroll Shelby has already parked his 427 Cobra next to Enzo Ferrari & Dr. Ferdinand Porsche, tipping his black stetson as he walked by.

R.I.P. Carroll Shelby

I was friends with the local Ford dealer's sons while we were in high school. The older son (who is now the dealer) had a 68 GT 350 convertible 4 speed that a local college student traded in on a new Pinto in about 1971 or so. I'm a Chevy guy thru and thru, but always had a soft spot for cool Mustangs. And who didnt love a Cobra (except the snooty Europeans getting their as*es kicked by them). RIP Mr Shelby.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back