Researching your cities racing history! (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
Last summer I started a photo history of Dirt track racers from my area from as far back as I could find! Well I found a bunch of stuff from 1948 to present, the Unsers started racing Dirt here in Albuq. around 50-51! What started out at 220 pics has grown to close to 1,000!

Anyway in the last 6-8 months some local Drag racers have asked me to do a similar deal for them. My only reason for hesitation was that I hadn't been to our local Drag strip at all till I was like 22! So I had no personal memories to draw from, plus I didn't know any of the local old timers from way back.

Well I have since gotten ahold of a few historians to gather stuff from and I can tell you this is SOO rewarding! I had NO idea just how many Drag racing hero's raced here in the 60's-70's, Prudhomme, Jungle Jim, Tommy Ivo, you name it raced here in my Hometown and I had NO idea! On my Dirt track sight I've had several comments from Grandkids of deceased racers telling how thankful they are that I did this! Telling me how they wish grand pa was alive to see this! Comments like that make it all worthwhile!

Last summer I started a photo history of Dirt track racers from my area from as far back as I could find! Well I found a bunch of stuff from 1948 to present, the Unsers started racing Dirt here in Albuq. around 50-51! What started out at 220 pics has grown to close to 1,000!

Anyway in the last 6-8 months some local Drag racers have asked me to do a similar deal for them. My only reason for hesitation was that I hadn't been to our local Drag strip at all till I was like 22! So I had no personal memories to draw from, plus I didn't know any of the local old timers from way back.

Well I have since gotten ahold of a few historians to gather stuff from and I can tell you this is SOO rewarding! I had NO idea just how many Drag racing hero's raced here in the 60's-70's, Prudhomme, Jungle Jim, Tommy Ivo, you name it raced here in my Hometown and I had NO idea! On my Dirt track sight I've had several comments from Grandkids of deceased racers telling how thankful they are that I did this! Telling me how they wish grand pa was alive to see this! Comments like that make it all worthwhile!

Just think in 30 years from now people will be looking at your eye candy pics and realizing how hot there grandma was back then.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back