Remembering Blaine Johnson Today (1 Viewer)

I sometimes wonder what the Top Fuel landscape would look like today if Blaine hadn't passed so tragically. Would Tony Schumacher be an eight-time World Champion? Would he have won a single Championship? How many more titles would Alan have? In the end, it's all speculation. Continue to rest in peace, Blaine, we miss you.

Say hi to Elmer too - I'm guessing you guys are hanging out watching the festivities this weekend just like the rest of us. ;)

I vividly remember that broadcast. I was horrified that they actually showed the accident (one time only, I think) and remember thinking that TF was changed forever. That team was something special and was going to be for a long time.

I vividly remember that broadcast. I was horrified that they actually showed the accident (one time only, I think) and remember thinking that TF was changed forever. That team was something special and was going to be for a long time.
Back in those days I recorded all the races on VHS. I still have the Indy '96 tape but have not watched it. I saw the wreck when they showed it the first time. I have no desire to watch it again.
Blaine and Alan Johnson were on their way to setting all kinds of records in Top Fuel.

I sometimes wonder what the Top Fuel landscape would look like today if Blaine hadn't passed so tragically. Would Tony Schumacher be an eight-time World Champion? Would he have won a single Championship? How many more titles would Alan have? In the end, it's all speculation. Continue to rest in peace, Blaine, we miss you.

Say hi to Elmer too - I'm guessing you guys are hanging out watching the festivities this weekend just like the rest of us. ;)
I'm sure he would have won the championship that year. He was so far ahead, that it took Bernstein two races to take over the points lead.

I was there that weekend - heard about it before we left for the track on ESPN, saw the accident replay thelater that night, the one time they showed it - don't need to see it again.

Blaine was one of my favorites - especially in the alcohol ranks. I have the Kenny Youngblood painting on basement wall.

Sad loss - no telling what he would have accomplished

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back