Missing Blaine Johnson (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Especially on Indy Nats weekends since 1996, my thoughts are on what at the time was my favorite racer in any division in any kind of racing. Blaine Johnson. I miss this racer still to this day. Oh would could have been. Mrs TopFuel@Lions and I went to his visitation, funeral, and the somber get together at the Johnson property. We only lived a scant couple of hours away from Santa Maria. What a loss, 23 years ago along with Elmer Trett.

[email protected] was and is, forever a champion!!!!

I hear ya, I too was there in 96 and will never forget that day and the first round tribute on Monday. I got a Blaine Johnson t-shirt at e town that year which he graciously signed for me. Still have it tuckrd away in a plastic bag, never been worn,

He was a natural,he could pretty much drive anything. Do you imagine how many championships him and his brother would have by now.

Amen Mark!

I will never forget Blaine or Elmer. I still remember it like yesterday, and where I was at the time. We lost two very special racers that weekend. I wish more people knew the talents of these two, but those that know, know! A lot of people don't realise that Jim Head leaned on Elmer for tuning advice, and vice versa. Elmer was an incredibly smart man and the nitro world is lesser off without him around.

Blaine was a favourite of mine back in the TAD days, when he went to TF he was the perfect replacement for GO (Gary Ormsby) I often think about what Blaine and AJ would have achieved together, we got to see it in TA, and we got a very good glimpse of it when they switched to fuel. Forever my favourite and forever in my memories.

I was really hoping for a Blaine tribute car this weekend from Salinas since he now has AJ on board full time. Maybe someone will do it one day!

That was my very first drag race with my Dad. I was just 5 years old. I’ll never forget it. We were there the day after Blaine died. We drove to Indy, not knowing anything of it, way before the days of social media and internet on your phones. Had seats right at the starting line. They did some sort of ceremony for him before anything got started. I’ll never forget my Dad asking the guy next to us what’s going on. The guy simply said, “you didn’t hear man? Blaine died last night.” And my dad just being shocked.

Very first pair we saw go down the track that day was Elmer Trent.. wild to think back on.

That was my very first drag race with my Dad. I was just 5 years old. I’ll never forget it. We were there the day after Blaine died. We drove to Indy, not knowing anything of it, way before the days of social media and internet on your phones. Had seats right at the starting line. They did some sort of ceremony for him before anything got started. I’ll never forget my Dad asking the guy next to us what’s going on. The guy simply said, “you didn’t hear man? Blaine died last night.” And my dad just being shocked.

Very first pair we saw go down the track that day was Elmer Trent.. wild to think back on.
Why did elmer loae control? Was it a health issue?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back