How Many Races Have You Attended in 2021? (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
How many races have you gone to in 2021?

This is my short list as we have had so much rain here in the South.

Lassiter Mountain Dragway-2
Holiday Beach Dragway-2
Baileyton Good Time Drag Strip-1
Sayre Speedway-2
North Alabama Speedway-1
Moulton Speedway-1
Magnolia Motor Speedway-2
Talladega Short Track-13
Talladega Super Speedway-1
Atlanta Dragway-1

A total of 26 races.

How about you?

A far cry from my record of 69 races in 2010.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer

TopFuel@Lions

Zero……..
To expensive to go theses days. I can get all the results on the net for free.

Four so far with two, maybe 3 more this year.
National Events
Las Vegas
Charlotte
Norwalk
Denver
upcoming
Indy
Charlotte (Tentative)
Las Vegas

Went to both Vegas and Pomona this year and will probably go to Vegas and Pomona to finish out the season.

Going to go to the divisional here in Phoenix next month, may try and go to the divisional in Tucson as well.

As far as non drag racing,
5 nights at Cocopah Speedway outside of Yuma for the IMCA Winternationals and will go back down there for the 2nd annual Gordie Rivera memorial race they hold. Probably another race at some point during the second half of their season.

Been to AZ Speedway for two shows, first one was Wild Wing Shooout, all the Scelzi's were there including Gary. Second show was suppose to be the final night of racing before they closed but they are staying open through November so I'll be out there a few more times.

A couple kart races at the local karting track and one race at a new track called Verde Valley Speedway which is a small dirt bull ring for dirt karts.

As far as other races, will probably go to at least the NASCAR truck race at Phoenix which is the championship weekend for NASCAR. Will also probably go to a drag boat race they are holding at Firebird in November, Ive heard it will be on par with the old World Finals boat races.

I was at the Derby City 50K at Ohio Valley ... Houston National Event ... Street Outlaws at Edgewater
I will be at the Derby City 100K (moved to Kil Kare due to car count ... shout out to Tyler Bohanon), I will be at Indy and Ennis for the National Events.

I saw the World of Outlaws at Lawrenceburg Speedway and I will see the North/South 100 late models race right here in Florence, KY next weekend.

I saw a GREAT truck and tractor pull here at the Boone County Fair last weekend.

I was all geared up to go to Australia for the F1 race in November, but it has been cancelled :(

I feel like I am forgetting something very obvious.

EDIT: USAC Sprint Cars at Lawrenceburg was one I forgot.

Last edited:
West Palm Beach warm up.
PS: Hope they stay open - nice venue - nice time of the year to visit.

Zero. Watch on TV & Drag Race Central. am planning to go to Div 7 race at Wild Horse next month.

One. Atlanta Dragway, couldn't miss the last one. Gonna try to make it to Bristol or Charlotte 2.

Just normal bracket races,but planning on bristol unless this covid crap shuts things down

Zero this year.
A group of car club buddies had attended Friday qualifying at both Pomona national events for quite a few years. Something we always looked forward to.
COVID did away with that last year and now there's only a single round of qualifying on Fridays so we may not attend. Too darn hot for the "Winter"nationals this year.
I always try to get to the California Hot Rod Reunion each year.

Norwalk for the nationals. Indy is on the schedule.

With Milan closed right now, my few extra trips haven't happened.

Went to the D1 divisional at Lebanon Valley and a jet car show there also. Haven't been to a national event in a few years. Last was at Epping A few years ago. Was not handicapped friendly at all and Will likely stay with smaller local track's who are.

Zero so far this year, last year at this time I think I already attended 3 Indy races. I have attended a crap load of MLB games and my kids baseball games. My first race will be Indy and will attend St. Louis.

Four races total so far this summer....

One muscle car series drag race.
Two Nitro drag race events (non big show).
One 250 lap Menards ARCA series race. (I was asked to run one of the tow trucks for that event. Best seat in the house. lol)

....and two air shows along with a bunch of car shows. lol

I have one or two more race events planned for this year... and several other non racing related weekend events.

Norwalk.

Going to Norwalk Night Under Fire Saturday night.

Thinking about going to Topeka. Maybe Indy.

Norwalk.

Going to Norwalk Night Under Fire Saturday night.

Thinking about going to Topeka. Maybe Indy.
Hope you’ve already purchased your Night Under Fire tickets. I received an email today saying they’ve sold out and for spectators not to show up for tickets at the gate.

Het Chris, the North South Nationals is such a great event, seen it just twice. Florence Speedway rocks, especially from the back straight.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer

National events:
Completed 5:
Gainesville
Vegas 1
Sonoma
Pomona Winter/Summer Nationals
Houston
To come: 5
Indy
Dallas