Randy Goodwin (1 Viewer)

Randy I remember you going to Japan. That must have been one of your racing hi-lites. Any stories on that?

Randy, my good friend Joe Meyer Div 5 champ said hes running 75 to 80 passes a year with Sonnys 800 in motor changes Rods Pistons every year.

Wow, boy do I remember that photo Randy....it's funny how something you see as a young'un comes back to you in a flash. I might still have that issue too!
Out of thousands of race cars I've read about I really remember that one...the Arias Hemi was the standout feature that lit up my otherwise fuzzy mind

View attachment 5098
I had the same reaction; I know that car and I remember seeing that article, in HR or CC or PHR or? :)

Randy, Dragzine has great article on TS & TD, They paid a visit with my buddy Joe Meyer and other TS racers. Sorry cant send it w my phone.

Thank you for sharing your experiences in racing and how you dealt with losing your wife. I sat in the bleachers at Pomona for one of Oliver's wins.

Great post Randy, I really enjoyed it and hope to meet you in person one day. What bore and stroke combo will you be running and roughly what RPM at the traps?

Jenifer's Nickens 762 is 4.75"bore and 5.375" stroke .... too much stroke to make it past 75 passes limiting it to 8k rpm (roughly 225mph). I'm guessing your Sonny's will sing at a higher pitch!

Last edited:
Great post Randy, I really enjoyed it and hope to meet you in person one day. What bore and stroke combo will you be running and roughly what RPM at the traps?

Jenifer's Nickens 762 is 4.75"bore and 5.375" stroke .... too much stroke to make it past 75 passes limiting it to 8k rpm (roughly 225mph). I'm guessing your Sonny's will sing at a higher pitch!

Thank you, Jeff. Mine will be the same stroke. I'm going to keep it at or under 7,500 rpm. According to Todd at Sonny's, 90 runs. I may not let it get that far, especially if I hit the rev limiter currently set for 8,000 rpm.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back