Randy Goodwin & Daniel Oliver @ Pomona (1 Viewer)

Wayne

Nitro Member
Since they "moved" the other thread, I thought i'd start one.;)

Nice Rd 1 win!!!
Great RT, way to get the car calmed down, & nice ET!!!

"(W) Daniel Oliver (Randy Goodwin Racing Monte C 0.041 5.753 251.20
(L) Mark Woznichak (Color by Woz Camaro) 0.082 5.797 252.66

Oliver is out of the gate first and is real loose, but gets it tamed down to take the win light. Woznichak was real loose, but stayed with it to give Oliver a race. Oliver will give up lane choice to Hough in the next round."

Good luck tomorrow!!!
:):):)

RG and the boys are going to have a long night.
It hurt itself and Randy wants to fix it instead of replacing it.
Good luck tomorrow.

Looked expensive, with a lot of dusting and cleaning in his lane after the finish line. The car only ran a 246 MPH, so it must have been eating itself up before that!

:(

I'm told that the carnage was from losing a fuel line down track and trashing the engine.

There was too much damage to make the call this morning.

Too bad! Great people...

DG

Second round against Brian Hough it was on a good run, actially .012 quicker at half track than our 5.58 qualifying run. We guessed it would have run a 5.57 or so, except it nosed over at 1,000 feet and quietly blew up.

It blew the bottom out of the oil pan, engine containment device and belly pan so it was a pretty good sized mess. The Safety Safari ordered a flat bed to haul my car back to our pit area so it would leak all over the return roads and pits if we towed it back. By the time we finished dealing with all that we had very little time left to get it back together. I have another engine ready to go under the bench so parts weren't an issue.

The first thing we noticed was that the line from the fuel shut off to the bottom of the pump had a blown fitting. According to the computer it must have broke at the 2-3 shift which leaned it out and that sent it in to massive detonation. Not good. Back in our pit we only gave the engine a quick look over before we loaded it up but it looks like substantial damage.

We were looking forward to a great semi final match up with Shawn O'Bannon but it wasn't to be. Congrats to Shawn, Jeff, Jack and team for two in a row.

I want to thank Brian Hough, Jason Rupert and all the other teams who offered whatever we needed to get it fixed. Like the song "Dust in the Wind" where it says something like "not another mintute will all your money buy" we needed quite a few more of those minutes to get it fixed. Besides, we are very limited on funds this year and need to be careful that way, too. I have a few deals cooking but nothing really happening.

Thanks to all who support us!

RG

Second round against Brian Hough it was on a good run, actially .012 quicker at half track than our 5.58 qualifying run. We guessed it would have run a 5.57 or so, except it nosed over at 1,000 feet and quietly blew up.

It blew the bottom out of the oil pan, engine containment device and belly pan so it was a pretty good sized mess. The Safety Safari ordered a flat bed to haul my car back to our pit area so it would leak all over the return roads and pits if we towed it back. By the time we finished dealing with all that we had very little time left to get it back together. I have another engine ready to go under the bench so parts weren't an issue.

The first thing we noticed was that the line from the fuel shut off to the bottom of the pump had a blown fitting. According to the computer it must have broke at the 2-3 shift which leaned it out and that sent it in to massive detonation. Not good. Back in our pit we only gave the engine a quick look over before we loaded it up but it looks like substantial damage.

We were looking forward to a great semi final match up with Shawn O'Bannon but it wasn't to be. Congrats to Shawn, Jeff, Jack and team for two in a row.

I want to thank Brian Hough, Jason Rupert and all the other teams who offered whatever we needed to get it fixed. Like the song "Dust in the Wind" where it says something like "not another mintute will all your money buy" we needed quite a few more of those minutes to get it fixed. Besides, we are very limited on funds this year and need to be careful that way, too. I have a few deals cooking but nothing really happening.

Thanks to all who support us!

RG

Yeah I saw that 246 speed come up and Mike English or whoever was announcing mentioned that was a low speed for a 5.62, and wondered if you may have hurt the motor! There was hardly any smoke to speak of so I'm not sure the Safety safari knew right away what had happened. Sure enough just as Doug Gordon was set to make his burnout Rick Stewart frantically shut him off, good call!

Hey Randy, sorry about the carnage but you guys were running well. And cool Kansas reference! Will you be in Phoenix?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back