Racers Robbed In Atlanta! (1 Viewer)

Jenn, I am with you when it comes to racers not stealing from racers... However, I know a sportsman racer had his credit card stolen at Atlanta this year and over $2000 dollars was spent before they even knew it was gone... Wal-Mart was one store it was used at and they caught the person(s) on camera, and I heard it was another racer that was suspected to be the person on the video...

CJ Curtsinger

Re: Racers Robbed In Atlanta

there were2 teams robbed back by us one guy had 3500 in cash and then 2000 charged at walmart in like 10 mins and another got hit for like 1200.

Three or four years ago I bought a pair of used Goodyears from the Richie Stevens camp. They were nice enough to let me use their golf car with the flatbed all painted up in Valspar to haul them out to where I was parked. The regular Bristol track workers who knew me gave me "What the hell is he doing?" looks as I drove by. The regular NHRA folks never gave a second look and the guard at the gate believed me when I told him what I was doing. How hard would it be for a thief?

I remember somebody stealng a door out of warren Jonsons pit.If I remember right he was caught in the parking lot.

thank god these guys dont race here in detroit....they may get ripped off at the tree!!!!! lol dont forget car jacking was invented here.

there were2 teams robbed back by us one guy had 3500 in cash and then 2000 charged at walmart in like 10 mins and another got hit for like 1200.

you guys robbed somebody?!?!? And your are posting it on the Mater?!?!

Bob,
the track is located in Commerce, abvout 68 miles north of Atlanta. It's very near Athens, home of Univ of Ga.

Bob,
the track is located in Commerce, abvout 68 miles north of Atlanta. It's very near Athens, home of Univ of Ga.

Also one exit down from Landstar's (trucking company) Jefferson safety and orientation center. :)

Who knows if they're people from Atlanta or if they're organized enough to be traveling with the tour? I posted on the old mater about professional scammers working the parking lots for "donations" to "charitable" organizations. Wouldn't be surprised if it were the same people. There used to be a ring that would work truckstop parking lots with rigged card games and I wouldn't be surprised if it were ALSO the same people.

Last edited:
From what I've read on Psychobike.com forums this type of stuff isn't too unusual back east for some reason. I've read that thieves will go in with a truck and empty trailer and then steal a few bikes and roll right out the front gate without so much as a second look. :rolleyes:

Bob,

I understand but there is a lot of poverty in that state everywhere.
Thieves go were opportunity knocks if you know what I mean and it would be worth a trip for these scum bags.

See, I love the way you think Ron!

:p

I've been told I overanalyze. :) I saw a C-store out in the middle of nowhere the other day that listed their primary goods on a sign along with "etc." (the catch all? LOL)I wanted to stop and ask what kind of etcetera they had, that I might be in the market for some.

I told ya, if you were 20 years older or I was 20 years younger and you weren't married and I didn't have a girlfriend and you weren't way over there and I wasn't way over here and a whole lot of other things....... :D

Last edited:

Steve, I hope what you meant was: There were two teams parked back by us, that were robbed. One guy for 3550 cash, and his credit cards which was run for 2000 at Walmart within ten minutes. The other was hit for $1200.

The way you wrote it, it sounds like You robbed them as 'Pay Back'.

d'kid

I pray to God I never catch someone doing this; whether it's in one of top superstar pro teams, or way far away, back in the isolated sportsman camp pits. Because one of 2 things are guaranteed to happen: Either I wind up in the ER clinging to life or in jail for manslaughter.

Re: Racers Robbed In Atlanta!,

back by us means team i was with was close to where it happened , we were pitted where i could see state patrol back at the guys trucks getting info etc etc . when we found out what had happened we all went on neighborhood watch .

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back